Lighting Advise

Hello friends,
First off I wanna thank everyone on this page! Definatly is the most helpful one I have been on! Anyhow, I’m ready do upgrade my lights in my 4X4 grow tent!
I currently run a starter kit 600w led light & it works great but I know a better light can get me a better yield!
I would like to run as cost effective as possible!
Without paying an arm & leg for lights…
Thanks again!

4 Likes

take a look here @TakSiX-420

2 Likes

Lol thanks @BIGE!

@TakSiX-420, you want the most for your money in leds sourcing components and assembling yourself is absolutely the way to go.

3 Likes

I’m not that handy! Just looking to make the. purchase & turn it on! LoL!
Here’s another question:
In a 4x4 tent is it better to run 2 smaller lights splitting the watts to spread the light out better?
For instance, instead of 1- 800w in the middle run 2- 400w on either side?!?

2 Likes

Usually. Have you considered maybe purchasing a cob styled light? You’ll spend a decent buck getting a good one, but then you’ll have several very efficient light sources.

It would be very similar to what some of us build, you just pay a little more for them to be ready to hang and plug in.

2 Likes

No I haven’t, Is there any that you can recommend?

I’d probably start at timber grow lights and go from there. Another alternative would be something with quantum boards from horticulture lighting group. They have a couple different options for a 4x4. Another thing with both of those, is that if you get a little sticker shocked on prices, they have smaller options you could purchase in increments.

1 Like

I will check them out!
Thanks again!!

1 Like

No problem! If you have questions I’ll try to help in any way I can.

1 Like

This is off topic and I apologize for hijacking the op thread but this weekend I have a build I could use some of your expertise. I’m building from scratch a pelltier liquid water block res chiller. I’ll tag you if you don’t mind and start a thread and upload pics as I go.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I’d be happy to help if I can, and always like a good diy project. Tag me in please @Closetgrower

1 Like

What about In a 4x4 tent is it better to run 2 smaller lights splitting the watts to spread the light out better?
For instance, instead of 1- 800w in the middle run 2- 400w on either sidej

Generally more coverage is better. You just have to be careful though, chances are lights you’re looking at aren’t really 800 and 400 watts. And they’re not quite as good as the manufacturers make them sound.

1 Like

No need to discard your existing light. Just add some more. Find out what it’s real watt draw is and try to get about 50 real watts per square foot. About 800 watts for a 4x4 tent.

2 Likes

No way that light works great! Going to put it in a smaller tent!
So what do you think about,
instead of running 1- 800w in the middle
run 2- 400w on either side?

Yes, two 400 watt, one on either side, is always better than one 800 watt in the middle. You get better penetration. More leaves see the light.

1 Like

Get a bloombeastA520 200$ Amazon 2 day ship

1 Like

1 Like

Cool that’s what I was thinking to!
What kind of lights do you have? Bloombeast?

1 Like

When growing delicate plants like cannabis you will definitely spend. No two ways about it. You cannot spend a dollar on lights and expect the plants to yield a ton of buds. Input equals output.