Light usage for flower

Hello, I just switched from 18/6 to 12/12 and am wanting some suggestions on the lighting I should use. The first pic will be the setup and what I’m currently using (fineest) the third will be my extra light (kingled). My question is, should I use both lights during flower or just leave it as is. Thanks

1 Like

Are you referring to veg and bloom switches? You should run both on for flowering.

Your Kingled light is a 125 watt light. You are going to need ~4x that to flower 2 plants properly.

2 Likes

No I mean I just have the fineest blurple light in my tent now… should I add the kingled light to the tent and have both lights in the tent. Or should I be good with just the blurple light. I used the KingLED light for the first half of veg and it actually performed very well but yes Ik it’s not good for much more than small plants.

I’d get as much light on them as possible with what you have. The output from burples falls far short of what they claim in advertisements.

5 Likes

The Fine est has 180w
What model is the 600w lamp. I have a king plus 600 so I know that isn’t it. My king plus is 125w

It’s a kingLED UL600 given to me in a promotion from KingLED

I see it on amazon. Only 80 watts. If you have room, use it too.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community ! definitely squeeze both lights in tent.

1 Like

I concur that with those lights, squeeze as much light in as you can. (Even then it’s not ideal, but blast them with what you have until you are ready to upgrade, which I would be looking into)

1 Like

@beardless @kellydans put the other light in tonight! Let the flowering begin! As far as an upgrade I’m looking at either the spider farmer sf1000 or hlg 100rspec

1 Like

What size is your grow tent?

1 Like

Meant to add this

1 Like

Sounds good ! Post the size of grow space lot of indoor growers can help you choose a quality light that will fit your budget.

2 Likes

I’m actually planning on building my own grow room after this grow… here is the link from my post about that! Help plan attic grow!

@beardless @MidwestGuy @kellydans @Mr_Wormwood so I was giving my plants a good study and noticed just two branches have this change of color on one of my plants. The rest of the branches on this plant at green as well as my other plant which have been watered and fed the same. What would cause this?

1 Like

Re different color. I do not know why but suspect some type of damage.
Two schools of thought when it comes to leaf litter. Some recycle it in the pot and other clean out. The medium also dictates. One would keep it pretty tidy with coco.

3 Likes

I’m honored that you would tag me on this but I must admit I am not seeing any discoloration that I’d be concerned about. Just new growth

My inexperience handcuffs me on this I guess

The leaves in the pot, however, make me bat shit crazy though…as a Virgo I feel compelled to find you and pick those leaves out one by one.

Jk of course I would never stalk anybody :eyes:

2 Likes

I’m using strawberry fields soil with organic nutes… mammoth p and fish sh!t. I was recommended not to waste it the same as like composting or trees losing leaves to feed themselves is how I saw it…

1 Like

Thanks for the tag ! Plant has a little stretch but overall I think your plant looks good.
Happy growing

I noticed one leaf has a kinda white tip but if that’s the only issue I’d say you are well ahead of the game