Light too close for seedlings?

Hows it coming along over here? :eyes::eyes:

I think good. Tonight will be first night of 12/12. Have tapered down by an hour to adjust. I’ll have an updated picture tonight. Have trimmed no less than a lb. of leaves in past 3 weeks.

3 Likes

Here is a quick update on the girls. I think they look fantastic, but I am biased. As you can see, I’ve now learned to NOT mix and match without first knowing how they will grow! One plant has taken over more than half of my area. I’ve trimmed off bottom branches and “energy suckers” from them, and will likely do more a little later.

Once I quit fretting over them and let them feed themselves with the Autopots, it has been smooth since. Same with DWC girl, I’ve only made sure there was nutrient/pH water in the reservoir.

Today was full day at 12/12 and with veg/bloom lights on. new nutrients going into both reservoirs will be for week 1 or 2 of flowering. SCROG net only working for one plant at this time, but it seems to work fine (I hope).

Thoughts and concerns will be appreciated as always!

@PurpNGold74 @raustin @peachfuzz @Sixpackdad @Screwauger @Familyman

4 Likes

You plants look great. Those other plants will really start to fill out that screen as it goes through it stretch in the new few weeks. Congrats!

1 Like

Really looking great.

I discourage having multiple strains until we learn how to tend to the plants needs. It’s so tempting to try it all. We all have to crawl before we walk

3 Likes

I’m in the camp with those that believe your plants look fantastic!! Great growing!!

2 Likes

I’m seeing that the seedling to veg stage is my problem. Practice is perfect, so I’ll keep at it.

Thank you all again for the help. Lots of great info from all aspects!

1 Like

I’m amazed at how different the DWC plant has grown compared to one of the girls in the autopots. Both are Dutch Treat CBD, and the only difference other than a little “abuse” from my parenting skills (or lack thereof) is the medium/method used. The DWC girl is as tall, and easily 3 times the width, even the leaves are different. I’m sold on the cruise control of both methods, but quite content so far with either one. The cost of DWC would be my only determining factor at this point if it was an issue, but my yield will tell me which is truly greater in this specific case. Can’t wait to see what future grows will hold.

2 Likes

hi, just found this post. Been reading up on tds/ppm meter. All the stuff instruments i’ve found refer to water, i.e aquarium , tap water hydroponics, fox farm fertilizer chart refers to EC and ppm. called them and said those were mostly for hydroponics. ??. also about PH, read 7 is best point. Mine is right there you recomended 6.1 is to high, should I lower mine?

Somewhere in cyber space and likely in this forum is a chart showing pH and nutrient absorption range for both hydroponics and conventional growing mediums. It’s a colorful looking chart. I don’t have access to a copy right now, but it will tell you the ideal range for specific uptake of nutrients and therefore showing you ideal range for your style of growing. It is an easy to read and understand chart.

1 Like

thanks, I’ll search around. also I replied to this post because saw it was conversation with raustion. been talking to her a lot about my first grow. did this go to her also? new here and still figuring out how forum works. Thanks

5 Likes

that’s fantastic. thanks so much

The soil chart can vary in PH depending on the medium you use @Phoneman49

If you want to make sure I see your post then tag me. Sometimes just replying to an older post gets overlooked, but it looks like these guys have you covered.

3 Likes

hi, need your thoughts on my grow. NL auto. We talked at their 2nd week or so. have read numerous posts and some videos of seedling and these just seem to be progressing very slow. Made some mistakes and have done the following. At seedling had droopy leaves and had watering wet dry problem put in bigger pot and solved. Then waited to long to repot to grow pot ( 5 gal ) and found it was REALLY root bound, Just solid white, couldn’t even see dirt, 28 days old. I put LED light. Up to this point just couldn’t control heat / humidity at all ya know. Exhaust heat and sucked out all humidity. That fixed that. Maintain 75 degrees 50 humidity. 2 days later fed them. At this I’m using this kit from fox farm with 3 different fertilizers and just been following their chart. Saw your post about PH levels. Didn’t know was different for auto. Was 7 up till now. Fed them and lowered PH down to 6 + meter only reads by 5 so made water 6 and added little reg water. then grew 2 inches in 3 days and since have been growing about inch a day. as of today ( 38 days ) their only about 18 inches tall. So with pics and videos growth not looking very good. end of next week it will be 45 days. Every thing Iv’e read says 45 to 60 days. What ya think. forgot, have them on 24/7 light time

The girls look GREAT! Albeit a bit dry. Better to underwater then over water. Few things. But before i start lemme say they look good.

1. 24/7 is in theory smart. But all living breathing things enjoy sleep. Give them 20/4 or 18/6. Your girls will thank u.
  2. How often are u watering? They do look a bit wilted/thirsty. As i said, better to under then over. So :+1:t5: But try to read em a bit better. That pic says thirsty.
    3 PH- soil the range is 6.3-6.8
    Coco the range is more 5.7-6.3 (i think @Familyman knows a bit better here) aim for there. Not sure which u are using.
  3. On the feed… there are various charts around. ‘Schedules’ the company recommends. Most people start out around 1/4 or 1/2 strength and bump it up slower as the plants age and can handle it.
  4. That insane growth is the flowering stretch. If u look at the branch corners u will see little white hairs. Those are preflowers and a sign ur little girl is becoming a lady.
1 Like

5.8 to 6.2 is the coco range. I aim for 6.0.

2 Likes

Been away for a bit, so I was pleasantly surprised to find these babies doing well (I think). Week 4 of flowering. Little flowers everywhere, quickly running out of space. Using the net to expose light where possible.

Any suggestions?