Light too close for seedlings?

Poke Mr AutoPot Octavious himself. @Screwauger care to shed a bit of light on around when to start feeding with autopots?

not to step on ur toes Ms R

1 Like

Good idea @PurpNGold74. Hard to know who’s who!

1 Like

Nope, I definitely know nothing about autopots.

1 Like

Thats my trade secret. Learn the gurus and u seem like a smart guy always. N they do all the heavy thinking :+1:t5:

3 Likes

Hi everyone, things are looking decent. I have turned on the reservoir for the AP, so I shouldn’t be drowning them anymore.

One new problem though, PPM was at 300 initially in the reservoir and today I discovered burning at the tips. A check showed that my PPM was now 500.

@Screwauger, do I need to flush the plants somehow with the AP or will fixing the nutrients in the reservoir be sufficient? PPM is now 220. Tips weren’t burnt yesterday. Not all tips are affected (yet).

My apologies for not seeing this sooner but I just saw this tag by purpngold.

It’s a week or so early to start the reservoir, general rule is when the largest leaves are as wide as the pot (give or take it is about 21 days).

I would not worry about the ppm’s at this stage (obviously they can’t be at 1000) just add some ph balanced water to the res and it will lower your ppm.

There are times I have flushed my AP’s but I do not believe you need to flush.

Those plants all look great to me but three of them are going to be on the res before that fourth one.
I am helping someone try to save his plants after starting the res too soo and all the plants were overwatered.
There needs to be a good root structure for the wicking to work correctly.

If you have a baster or a syringe, I would suck liquid out of the trays and start hand watering again until the tips of your leaves are as wide or wider than the pot sides.

One question, why are your pots not filled? Your yield and plant size will be effected by the amount of space the roots can fill. These are 3.9 gallon pots and by the looks of it, you only filled them with approx 2 gallons of medium. For future grows fill them babies up!!

1 Like

Thanks for chiming Ser Screw. Needed that knowledgable advice. No problem about the delay. Life happens

Looking rougher tonight :frowning:. Like @Screwauger has recommended, I’ve turned off the pots for now. I’ll wait for it to dry out and feed again when all is dry.

Nothing to do but wait for now, right?

1 Like

don’t see it, those two look fine to me in the pictures.

1 Like

Yup they look healthy. Maybe a lil light but ull be feeding soon. Coco dries quickly correct?

1 Like

My coco sure does, especially in 5 gallon versus my 10 gallon pots. If I don’t water mine by day 4 I am at risk of wilt.

1 Like

Im down to two days in my soil. Yesterday was 36-40 hours since watering and my Purple Train was wilted to hell. Like almost dead looking. Never again. She also has the smallest pot btw

2 Likes

Wow. I can’t say I’m there yet. I’m just finding a challenge in finding the right ppm they’re looking for so early in the game.

They look okay today I think. I find them a little light in color, but I’m waiting it out until feeding time. They sure smell good!

4 Likes

At this stage, ppm’s should likely be in the 300-500 range (500 scale).

They are looking good mostly. The front right, the largest one could benefit from some feed. If it were me, I would mix a quart or half gallon of nutes and give her 500ml or maybe 750ml of juice. start in a ring just inside the leaf canopy and soak it good around the stem.

Kind of like this, ignoring the sides of the pot (you don’t want to saturate the pot, just give the plant wet feet so to speak).

She’s nearly ready or could go on, the reservoir. The two on the left need another day or three.

Have they dried out more, can you feel the lightness?

2 Likes

Because the pots were on until yesterday, I can’t say that they feel any lighter yet today. I had the ppm within range and the pH was good, so I don’t understand what’s happened. Ignorance is bliss, unless you’re trying to grow!

I’m honestly puzzled though. The yellowing started 24 hours after the reservoir was turned on, and ppm were at 330 and pH 5.8.

I’ll isolate the bigger one, hand feeding the smaller three. Should I leave the reservoir at 200 for a day or two to see how the bigger one reacts?

1 Like

Is this still nothing to worry about? See browning and yellowing on bottom left leaf. pH 5.8, PPM 300. That’s the only one on the reservoir since yesterday. Yellowing and browning has been there 48 hours.

The others were hand fed today, only 200ppm though and at 5.8pH. Amounts as per @Screwauger, ppm low out of fear!

2 Likes

That looks to me like calmag. Are u supplementing it? Coco is notorious for needing a bit extra

Very happy that you think that! My thinking was that as well, but I’ve been wrong about everything else so far…I am waiting for it from Amazon. Had to cancel a previous order and start over again, so it’s been a week. @raustin recommended the supplement, and I’ve not ignored the suggestion.

Unfortunately could be a few days before I can add it, but it is on the way. Amazon tells me it was shipped today.

1 Like

Ahh. Well her confirmation here would be awesome. But i think i got my calcium deficiency scout badge today :laughing::grin::laughing:

3 Likes

Something else I have no clue is this; will the leaves recover or are they goners too?

1 Like