Light Stress woes

My girls (4 ilgm gg#4 and 4 ilgm w.w.a)are starting to look really “tired” at the end of the day. 18/6 Even with them only receiving around 250 ppfd and dli in

the high teens (photone app) they still seem stiffer after 13,14 hours lately, Ive been researching about vpd and I try to keep my humidity around 50% and temps 75f day, 70 lights off. I have a 480 watt xs viperspectra 4000 hung at 30-36" running around 50-60% on the dimmer, 8" intake 480 cfms, 8" exhaust ,2-8" fans for circulation and I only water&feed as needed, usually once a week feeding, fox farms grow big, a little myco+, calmag foliar twice a week, top dress some sulphur every once in awhile to keep my ph down, usually water every 3 days or so (well water- 110ppms and 7.3 ph out of the well) and they get misted once a day for 3 min. thru 4 fine mist spray nozzels. They just dont seem to like anymore light than that and its starting to slow their growth.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

They look happy and I don’t hear anything about your method that would hurt them maybe a little warmer during the day but that’s just a minor change. I’m sure that you’ll hear not to foliar spray but I’ve done it and seen it make a difference, I don’t do it during flower though

2 Likes

Plants will learn to anticipate night hours and posture themselves differently. Not quite ‘guarding’ but looks like what you put up in your first picture.

3 Likes

nastic movements Why do Cannabis Plants Droop at Night? | Vanessa Nielsen

If you can heat that space to 80*F and increase RH to 60% it might grow taller vs so compact.

3 Likes

Thank you friend, that has been some solid advice, i had to rewire my grow space to run a larger space heater and replaced the thin 6mm mylar with heavy tarps but it seems to be doing the trick. Staying around 78,80 then 70/74 lights off, has made a noticeable difference in their growth rate.

So thanks again…

1 Like

Thank you MeEasy,
I have done just that and raised the daytime temps as close to 80°F as i can stay. I kind of figured it wasn’t warm enough for them but when i cranked up my heat I would trip my breaker in there everytime so I ran a dedicated circuit just for it and replaced then flimsy mylar with some heavy tarps and insulated around my grow room with some pink panther r8 i had laying around and they seem to be doing better. Thanks for the advice, Ill take all I can get friend if you have anymore please send it on my way. Thanks again

1 Like

FYI that meter is worthless. It would be wise to acquire a decent digital PH and TDS meter.

Multiple plants in one pot are almost a guarantee of one competing with the other and neither one doing well.

1 Like

I have them friend and i agree i only use those to guage the moisture in my soil which they do a decent job at. But i have the plants inside their own 5 gallon pots inside the 40 gallon( just to experiment and see if the extra soil would be enough food to carry them thru the grow) not looking like it BTW. And thank you for the knowledge but learned not to put them together along time ago unfortunately the hardway as you said neither done very well or as well as they could I should say. I know a little bit but am always trying to learn more. Thanks always

1 Like

I’ve been seeing a few people saying that weed doesn’t feed through their leaves but I know many people including me that have been doing it for years and they definitely get something out of it :100:

2 Likes

They love some foliar in veg i guarantee. I get some very good responses when i hittem. I typically only hittem with calmag foliar when look sad. I think @MeEasy is spot on. Matter of fact the medium he suggested to me wants foliar calmag instead of liquid feeding. Glad he pointed that out since calmag is my buddy.

Mine do as well. And thats the only time I do it too. I try to avoid any excess moisture on my leafs/ during flower though. And a weak kelp foliar seems to help with heat and light stress (or at least it seems to for me.:grin: Peace and Happy Growing.