Light stress, water or something else?

Pretty new to this and trying to learn. This is my fourth grow of a modest 2 plant tent. I have had fairly good results, in part credit should go to the beans I bought from ILGM, very few failures. The quality is great, but my yields have been wayyyyyy leaner than I have been seeing in these forums. Last grow I learned to top which increased my yield a bit but not as dramatically as I was hoping it would. This grow, I added an additional light and better air circulation.

The pictures are the results after 1 week as seedlings. One Granddaddy Purple, one Tropicana Cookies, and one Zskittlez. The GDP took off quicker than I have seen before, then started to wilt. I raised the lights from 16" away to 24" and reduced intensity. I also added a fan and turned up the exhaust. At first it seemed too dry but I am certain it is not too dry or wet as I am checking very closely.

Processing: 20220331_114112.jpg…
No real change in a day and a half and I am looking for advice before it is too late to save it.

2 Likes

Hey @FuzzyLogic
Need to wait till the pic is done uploading.

1 Like

@FuzzyLogic sounds like you’ve come to the right place. :handshake:

Best thing to do, is fill out this questionnaire, and think about keeping a journal here.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Thanks, it seemed to have frozen up.
Trying again.
Processing: 20220331_114112.jpg…

For some reason, my pics won’t process, it tried for 12 hours.
But to follow up, the changes I made with raising the lights and increasing air flow seem to have worked. The GDP has new, healthy growth. Thanks for the advice people.

FL

1 Like