Light stress? / PH Fluctuations? / Nutrient Toxicity?

Why is the new growth gnarly looking? The fan leaves are even doing a weird twist, the changes i made in the last few days were

1. I topped the plant
  2. Increased light intensity to 100 perc from 70 perc
  3. Added more Calcium Nitrate to the Sol.

Ph drift remains in between 5.6 to 6.4 ( If i leave it unattended for 3 or more days)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)

• White Widow, Ministry of Cannabis

-Age of plant

• 6 Weeks

-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Hydroponics

-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)

• 80 Litre reservoir

-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• N/A

-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
On April 7th PPM was 772

-Method used to measure PH and TDS

• PH pen (HANNA), TDS (Local brand pen) both digital

-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space

• Indoor (2 by 2 feet)

-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum

• KingBrite 240 W Samsung LM301H mix Epistar 660nm Red KingBright Pre-assembled LED Grow Light

-Actual wattage draw of lights

• I dont know

-Current Light Schedule

• 18/6

-Temps; Day, Night

• 27 Deg C, 22 Dec C

-Humidity; Day, Night

• 50 Percent Avg. always

-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• No

-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• No

-Co2; Yes, No
+No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?

• Ebb and FLow

-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
+N/A

-Temperature of reservoir

• 18 to 20 Deg C

-TDS of nutrient solution
On April 7th PPM was 772

-Amount of air to solution

• I dont know, 3x air pump which bubbles 24/ 7

1 Like

I believe it’s this…

5 Likes

I think Itch is correct. Looks like heat issue.

3 Likes

When back to 70 perc. Fingers Crossed. Although the light is atleast 24 inches from the canopy.

1 Like

Probably so but they are barely in the veg stage and a 30% direct increase when you’re at 70% is a lot at this stage. I would do a notch every 5 days till you get where you want to be. Imma just guess your recommended light distance is 18-24 inches per manufacturer anyway ( guessing I don’t know your lights)
I personally think off your pics your giving to much light. If you look how your new growth is so stacked together. (Almost zero node spacing)

1 Like

Thanks for the insight, appreciate it!

2 Likes

Good advice.

:point_up_2: yep. Depending on when the HST was done, could be a reaction to this as well :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Flip the leaf over where you drew the red circle and look through a magnifier for any critters and holla back

I agree with the other members its to do with ur light you should only be going to 100% in flower to push ur plants harder and then dial it back again towards the end of flowering thats going by the grow Bible and many other videos and articles ive read and seen

Sorry man, no critters.

1 Like

What kind of nutes are you using?
What order are you mixing them in?
What are you pH’ing your mixed nutes too?
What are you using for a medium, soil, coco… etc?

I definitely agree with the above concerning light being a possible cause. You always want to work your plants up to a higher strength, especially while they’re young.

While light issues can definitely display symptoms of the sort, it also looks like you’re displaying what looks to be a nitrogen toxicity. If you notice the dark green waxy look to the top leaves, N tox. will do that.
The cause could be a combination of the cal/nitrate additive, it could be pH, or the lights.

Keep’em Growin! :+1: :v: :sunglasses:

Well if you see no critters I agree with the others it’s most likely heat stress or lights . No biggie either way.

1 Like

Using this formula

Magnesium sulfate ( Epsom salts, hella cheap)
Calcium Nitrate
And Masterblend 4-18-38 base

For late veg i used this:
5g magnesium sulfate
20g Calcium Nitrate
15g Masterblend base

Mix in RO in the following order:

1. Master Blend
  2. Magnesium Sulphate
  3. Calcium Nitrate ( I dissolve this separately then add to nute sol.)

I PH the solution once all together. The system is Ebb and flow (Coco Pebbles)

Thing is

1. I reduced the light to 50 perc, yet the plant looks clumpy and the leaves still look stressed ( not smooth)

2. What do i do with all this foliage down bellow, should i start clearing this out? ( Not expecting much light to reach these areas later)

1 Like

@BigItch @OGIncognito
Take a look again. Still kinda rough looking. The nodes however are spacing at a nice 1.5 inches @ 50 perc strength now.

1 Like

Your old damage won’t get any better, look to your new growth which looks fantastic. To me it looks like you’ve made a great recovery from light stress. I personally would not clean the underside yet. Your plant can use those in the event you have an issue with anything during your grow. Clean her right before flipping to flower and the go again 3 weeks after. Then just maintain your bare bottom.

3 Likes

Agree on all with @BigItch

3 Likes

I agree with @BigItch as well, your new growth looks great.

2 Likes

You mean to say, trim again 3 weeks into flower? Wouldnt that stress the flowering period?

Yes trim and no it won’t shock or stunt her. Here’s a pic of one I half azz trimmed last night. I should have did more but was drinking and went lazy. I’ll clean a bit more in a few days ( that’s an auto)

1 Like

This is what is important.

1 Like