Light stress or watering issues

Is this stress from being to close to the light?

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: 5 gallon pots. Soil

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? 3 to 4 days. Feel top inch of soil

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:6.4

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: 795

Indoor or Outdoor:indoor

Light system, size and height from plants: 750 hps

Temps; Day, Night: 82/74

Humidity; Day, Night: 32/43

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: yes

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: humidifier

Co2; Yes, No: no

What is the ph of your run off… looks like it might be a toxic build up… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ph 6.4 Tds 795

What is ph going in at?
What type of soil?
How close are the plants to the light.

Ph 6.4
Foxfarm
Plants are about 14 inches. They got to big for my tent

1 Like

I don’t use HPS but I think you need to rise up a little more your light… Maybe @WillyJ can share his opinion on this (I think him is using this type of light)

1 Like

Yeah 14 inches away from hps is way to close for a 400w or more.

1 Like

I have no more room to raise it. I just tied them away from the light to see if it helps

1 Like

Do what you have to, to make harvest and learn from your mistakes. That’s all we can do as new growers. Slow lst training will go a long way in a week or two. I’m sure you will be ok.

The manufacturer of my hoods recommend 12"-36" for a medium watt system as long as heat isn’t a issue… high watt 18"-48" low watt 12"-24" @M4ur

3 Likes

Watering issues what’s your RH and temps with a 400w HPS 10-14" is almost optimum if heat is kept in check. If you are watering often humidity rises actually making it harder for plant to drink your plant evaporates water through it’s leaves as it breathes this creates pressure which draws water and nutrients up from roots :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks @Donaldj I just adjusted my hps, I really thought it need to be higher.

@M4ur and @Frescal

I use H.P.S 400 watts for veg and 1000 Watts for flower. I keep my lights about 3 feet from my plants I give them all the room to grow plus i don’t have to move my lights all the time either lol

Will

1 Like

I just moved my tall plants to my led light side. We’ll see if that fixes the problem. I have a 750 hps on one side of the tent and a 700 led on the other side. Both my tall plants affected were on the hps side

the droopy leaves could also be over or under watering or root bound @Frescal

3 Likes

Thx bob31 im going to try watering a day sooner. Usually i just feel the top inch and if moist i wait till dry