Light stress or Nut burn?

If your outside in ground, it buffers. Indoors in pots, a healthy microbe herd is your ‘buffer’. Products like Mykos, Real Growers Recharge, Great White and Tribus are all great options to minimize pH needs. Cultivate a healthy semi living soil and pH becomes a thing of the past. Without those to help? U definitely should pay attention to pH

5 Likes

Also this :point_up::metal:

3 Likes

Should I be adding those amendments to happy frog? According to the bag it is amended with microbes.

2 Likes

Happy Frog does come inoculated, but the microbes are mass packaged n shipped. Soil sits on shelves for however long. Then while growing, we constantly rinse them away.

Im a Fox Farms soil guy. And without microbes I had to pH and monitor religiously or it got out of range. Once I added the above, ive since basically retired my pH meter. Runoff gets checkd periodically and only time I check my solution is when something is off, or im adding alot and know itll be under 5 (mid flower feeds are notoriously heavy in my grow closet).

3 Likes

Lol ok well, I guess I learn something new everyday. So I purchased some billions soil microbes and will add to the next feeding/grow and I’ll check the pH of the run off today.

3 Likes

So run off is testing basically neutral. The solution with all the nutes actually tests pretty acidic, like 5.3ish. That’s mostly tiger bloom, big bloom and a little cal
mag.

1 Like

You want your runoff during veg between 6.0 - 6.5 in flower you want to be between 6.5 and 7.0. At 5.3 youll stunt growth and nutrient uptake.

1 Like

the runoff is neutral, the solution going in is acidic.

1 Like

Definitely PH. I just remedied this issue with my GDP photos. Did a runoff water at 6.5 and 4 days later the leaves are way better.

Your lights out should really be 12 hours if your in flower. 5 hours lights out keeps her in veg state.

Ok so I definitely had a PH lockout issue which I just corrected and hope I can recover I guess my only question left is when to harvest. Looking at these I am not seeing much amber yet but these have been going since early Jan and they are autos so I think they should have been done a week or so ago but trichomes look cloudy, not amber to me. What do you all think?

2 Likes

If you want couchlock, then wait till about 30% amber, if you want functional about 10%. I pull when all cloudy or with a touch of amber

1 Like

I like the look of them buds, bet theyre sticky and smelly now. Proper dry and cure and youll love that smoke! Whats next

2 Likes

I’m going to hold off a week or two before harvest, hoping I get it to turn purple. After this gonna try an ILGM gold leaf auto and maybe another GDP this summer but going to switch to jjack’s 321 stuff and this time pay attention to the PH throughout lol. This first grow has been super fun and I can’t wait to see what I can get correcting the super newb mistakes I made this time. Maybe do a proper LST but I will say I love the look of that main cola, I’ve been calling it Mt. Jane.

2 Likes

So the deed has been done. Never got her to turn purple, I made some serious mistakes along the way with the pH and suffered some lock out but in the end she was so sticky I had to change gloves twice. Thanks to everyone for the advice and help along the way, may your next grow be more successful than the last. Cheers!

2 Likes

Congratd growmie thats awesome. You didnt pick the easiest strain or medium and still got a nice finish :checkered_flag:

3 Likes

@Winterwind401 ive got 3 gdps in week 4 of flower. Im gonna drop the temps around week 5 or so and see if i can get some colors to pop.

1 Like

@ChittyChittyBangin Mine was an ILGM auto flower GDP. Temperatures at lights out (5 hours) were constantly in the low 60s. I also experienced a pretty serious PH lockout that cause nearly all my leaves to discolor and dry out so it may have been my temps didn’t get low enough or it may have been a nite deficiency caused by the pH that prevented her from turning. Let me know if you get her to turn and if so what your procedure was. Good luck!

2 Likes

Im a believer in cold treatment. But only final week for fear of slowing growth. Im sure I seen these two take on different hues after just 5 days

And untreated, still nice

3 Likes

This was my last harvest playing with temps. The lowest i ever got was high 50s but that was late in the game.

Sunset Sherbert Photo iLGM

5 Likes