Light stress or Nut burn?

Is it normal to still be growing? Buds are coming along but I am starting to get lower fan leafs yellowing and drying up. I read that may be a N deficiency so I added 3ml of grow big to my feeding so it is now 5ml cal mag, 8ml tiger bloom, and 10 ml big bloom. Still concerned about the yellowing, I know it’s normal late in flower but I think I still have about 5 weeks to go.

1 Like

Hi all! So the buds are coming along but I’m still having fan leafs yellow and die off. Does this look like an N deficiency? I know leaf die off and yellowing is normal later in flower but I’m not sure I’m there. Concerned And dont
want to screw this up so close to the finish line.

1 Like

You have plenty of N present in your medium based on plant appearance. Giving too much N in flower will affect flower production.

Fan leaves yellow and die off in flower: just remove them and you’ll be fine.

4 Likes

Im no longer alarmed a yellows either at this point. Got nutes and specs are all ok

2 Likes

thanks!

2 Likes

Your oldest fan leaves die off first they only have a limited life span.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Well she’s coming along. I guess this has become a semi grow journal of sorts. Thanks for all the support guys. I would not have made it this far without your sage advice. I’m really surprised that as an auto she got so big!

2 Likes

Looking good. The yellowing pattern looks like magnesium deficiency not severe but mag is used for flowers and phytochemicals. Whats considered a good dose of calmag… I never had any I see ya feed 5mg. Whats bottle say

Yellowing with veins staying green and the timing makes sense

Hmm I have been adding calmag but maybe I could use a little more? Buds are looking nice tho

1 Like

It’s the bush doctor fox farm cal-mag.

1 Like

2 Likes

The flowers are healthy. Potency is still coming. Looking at labels, your calmag is 3% cal and 0.9% mag, my GH bloom nutes are 4% cal 2% mag, both say 5ml per gallon. Doesnt seem like much unless your other nutes also have more. (My veg nutes are 4% 1.5%) Im gonna check them out after work today. This is just my wake n bake visit.
@Bluntsmoke @ChittyChittyBangin and @GreggT know a thing or three about this. Web says no to calmag every watering. Can it be upped or am I on the right track

4 Likes

I wouldnt be upping the calmag just yet. Some of that lower damage does look mag def leaning. But majority of the yellowing leaves look like P or K could be a bit lacking.

Its not an alarming amount of leaves from my glance over again. So I wouldnt be chasing my tail to fix. Maybe just boost your bloom feed by another spoon per gallon or so. Assuming all other things are in order. Do you monitor numbers?

2 Likes

Kind of? I’m not as good about writing stuff down as I should be but I am adding fox farm tiger bloom, big bloom and bush doctor calmag ever other watering, so basically every 4th day. I have a ph/ppm stick but it’s hard to trust, I calibrated it and it’s reading crazy low or high numbers on my tap water that a testing strip tells me is just about dead neutral. Have you all had that experience?

Anyway, it sounds like an extra 3 ml of tiger bloom may be in order.

2 Likes

And I don’t worry about pH too much as I’m growing in mostly soil so I figure it buffers out a bit anyway.

1 Like

Also just curious, this is GDP, isn’t this supposed to turn purple at some point? My temp at night during a 5 hour lights out drops into the mid 60s and I thought that would be enough. Not that it’s a big problem, I just kind of wanted my Granddaddy purple to be, well, purple.

1 Like

This :+1:

1 Like

For purple the gene and climate are half of it, then there’s minerals needed to build phytochemicals like colors and terpenes. And good light for the energy to do it. Might take till late flower. Sorry I cant come to any more idea about them nutes, not familiar with yet

4 Likes