Light. Size and

Im wanting to upgrade my light i believe would maximize my harvest…i have a closet 5 1/2 ft long by 5 1/2 with 10 ft ceiling…can anyone help me with the right size light i should get in ginna put a pic of couple im looking at

A 100 watt light like the Sayhon SH1000 is not gonna cut it for a 5x5 area, would be inadequate for even a 2x2 area, really need to think much more power and money, like an HLG 650R which is really 630 watts or even the HLG 600 Rspec at 600 watts - that’s the power range you want to light up a 5x5 area.

4 Likes

I agree with hell raiser but at 2.7 umol/ it’s efficient light just probably good for 1 plant if you plan on that space being full of flowering plants I would go with 6

1 Like

Hellraiser is right on the money, big space is going to need big light.

1 Like

Big light big lightttt… a 600 per 5x5 led or hps would work
A 600 rspec led is around 700 to 800
A 600 hps way less efficiency and less output but you can set up for 200 bucks and it’s worked for years and years before led …its not the best but it works

1 Like

Geez it would be almost impossible to light that whole area with 1 light (though they do make some pretty spaced out boards on some new hlgs) I think the bare minimum I would consider is 2 hlg 320s and even then your edges would be pretty starved for light though the hlg scorpion is rated for 5x5 flower and Is on sale right now

1 Like