Light Schedule for Seedlings

Yea, I wondered about that. I actually adjusted height & pwr several days ago. I’ll do some more. Thanks! :peace_symbol:

1 Like

I had the same thing going on with 1 of the 3 plants I just chopped minus the tacos…it’s not the end of the world, just a little strange lookin lol. I’ve learned that some strains dont like being pounded with light towards the end of flower. When your checking trichs don’t look at the foxtailing part!

1 Like

The leaf taco-ing seems to be a reaction to feeding. I actually think I’m going to back off the nutes. The more I read about ffof the more I learn about not requiring nutes - for the most part. I think I might be overloading them. The “foxtailing” is also on buds that are lower, even at the bottom. But I think this is more affirmation of going 12/12. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Hmm. Could be that as well. In your bottom pic I thought some of the leaves look kinda dark green and waxy but it’s a little hard to tell so I didn’t mention it. The autos shouldn’t care much about the gradual light switch to 12’s, in fact it usually hurries them along but stranger things have happened…

1 Like

What does a dark green color and waxy surface indicate?

1 Like

Generally too much nitrogen. They don’t need as much N in flower, more P&K.

1 Like

At 6.5 this might be high. 6.0 is what I water in my grow.

1 Like

That’s what I thought. Actually one plant has displayed those symptoms throughout the grow - with only water. That’s one reason I held off with nutes. With the current feedings I began on the feed schedule at the appropriate week of flower the plants were in. I think perhaps feeding wasn’t necessary…
Thanks for the education!

1 Like

Another thing I have learned about ffof is it is PH balancing. That being said, 6.5 is a target level recommended by many, and where I try to hit . 6.3 - 6.5 :man_shrugging:t3:
Thanks for your input

1 Like

I am trying to get run-off down to 6-7. Initial flushing and 3x2 gal flushings since, all read high PH.
8.5 initially and 7.5 now. Plants in flower, so more flushing seems counterproductive.
No big signs of issues.
Suspect hardening soil and top adding effects.
My city water arrives at 8.5-8.9. FFPHdown gives 6.0 when introduced to watering.
More PH down needed (for next 6 grows).
5 weeks into flower from flip (most showed female before flip).
Lost some at flip, hermis found and pulled.

1 Like

Greetings@Pinboy !
Man, the heat index in my local is oppressive! I have a dehum (small) inside the tent - which is completely open. I now am running a free-standing AC in the room the tent is in. However due to the restrictive intake & exhaust setup i’m forced with, running AC increases RH to levels requiring a dehum running in the room as well.
I think these plants are struggling a bit with heat stress. I don’t believe it is light intensity, but more the constant warm conditions experienced before implementing AC.
Before AC temps were around 80-82f with 45-49%RH with light on. For light off period the temp only drops to about 76F with RH climbing to almost 60%.
With all appliances running temp settles around 75-77F with 50%RH with light on. With light off temp gets to approx 72F/55%RH.
I have changed my light schedule to 14/10 (for almost 2 weeks now) to help reduce heat.
We are in our 8th week of flower.
I’m not aware of any more (cost-effective) means of getting conditions any lower.
Any advice? Trichomes are just getting to about 50% cloudy so I have at least a cple weeks longer - or more.
Any assistance appreciated. I feel like at this juncture all I can do is keep environment as steady as I can and ride the heat of summer out. The extended forecast indicates no relief for some time.
My concern is with problems this heat stress can create. My focus to this point has been trying to control RH levels. :man_shrugging:t3:
Thanks in advance! :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Your numbers and plants look good to me! I think as long as your under 85 you’ll be fine. I’ll re-read this after a couple morning coffees to make sure I’m not missing anything!

1 Like

The leaf taco-ing hasn’t changed on the one tallest plant. Also, I stopped feeding them last week, thinking that symptom was nutrient-related. Nothing has visually changed as the result of just providing water. My intuition tells me there is still ample nutrients in the soil.
This waiting for “ripening” is my highest hurdle!
Enjoy your cup(s). :peace_symbol:

I didn’t forget about ya… Im just not sure what you have goin on… your #’s are decent and I have no doubt they’ll make it to the end… that taco thing is buggin me tho…

1 Like

Yea thanks. The leaf taco symptom is isolated to the single plant, and is primarily the upper-most buds. But everything else seems to be in order. That particular plant seems to be thriving (to the extent of my knowledge & observations) with its buds fattening and filling in along stems. In fact, this plant seems further along in Trichomes maturation.
So, unless I hear from you or anyone else with more experience that the plant is in “trouble “ I’m just going to continue along my path with only water to finish. This morning’s peek revealed more trichomes turning, so I think we’re inching towards our finish line.
Thanks for your input, and for keeping me in mind on this. Sometimes all that’s needed is another perspective. Thanks again. Cheers! :peace_symbol:

1 Like