Light Schedule for Seedlings

Well, so you say small.
Our MacGyver, one plant, Lowe’s tent on the shelf in the garage. :laughing:

1 Like

:rofl: adaptation is the name of the game… :peace_symbol:

Dear Prudence

1 Like

A look inside…the funnel is attached to a 1’2" id plastic tube buried 1/2 way down with 6 1/8" holes. I know exactly how much & where the water is.
I’ve gotten the PH down to just under 6.8 with 6 vitamin C tablets crushed and dissolved in Lake Erie water…3 funnel full’s.

Adapt & conquer.

1 Like

That’s cool. Never seen a set up like that. Ingenuity supremus :potted_plant::+1::peace_symbol:

1 Like

Thanks, Leatherneck…I’m using it because of my shallow container, a normal fabric pot would rob me of valuable verticle space. The ‘dishpan’ pot has 4 holes 3" in from each corner and sits in a plastic tray, I’m seeing just enough water in the tray to keep me comfortable. :sunglasses: :v:

1 Like

last but not least - Eleanor Rigby
this was my first topping attempt

2 Likes

Willum, while your plants arnt huge they are very nicely filled out with great lookin buds. Nice growing!!

1 Like

@GomBoo one if the 1st things that sticks out to me is that your humidity is low. If you can boost it up to at least 50% your plant will be much healthier and grow faster

2 Likes

@Pinboy thanks for your feedback. I’m excited about this session. These 4 are really putting on weight, are highly resinous and have a fragrance that permeates throughout our house!
:yum: Thanks again for chiming in! :peace_symbol:

I’ve got a small humidifier on the way, got a small tent so options are limited. Thanks

I think mine actually enjoyed being tied down, every time I’d pull them back they’d grow like crazy like they were challenging me to a dual :joy: can’t complain I think they are winning haha, I’ll never grow without LST

And these autos still have probably 3-4 weeks to go

2 Likes

@Pinboy so, my plants are approaching their 7th week of flower. They have been on an 18/6 schedule throughout. I have been challenged keeping temps in 78-82f range without ac - which I do not have in the room the tent is in.
We’re forecasted for a week of higher temps which will make challenges even more. Here’s my question: how much harm - if any - would changing the light schedule to -12/12 going forward until harvest? I’m guessing I have perhaps 3 +/- weeks remaining.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance! :peace_symbol:

1 Like

So far your temps aren’t the worst, I don’t like to go over 85 at the higher end. I think your fine dropping to a 12/12 with autos, just pick the warmest part of the day to loose the extra time.
I’m going to have some trouble as well, I just chopped and hung 3 plants and were going to go from low 70’s to high 90’s In a matter of 2 days. Gonna be a challenge for sure

1 Like

Yea, we’re forecasted for triple digits with heat index over next cple weeks. I’m already running a dehum 24/7 in the room to keep RH below 55%. That unit creates heat as well. At this point I feel like the humidity challenge is a bit more of a priority. I think I will go to 12/12. Thanks for your assist! :peace_symbol:

1 Like

I think your making the right choice. Maybe spread the light change out over a day or 3……

I was thinking along that line as well. Changing by cple hrs increments over a few days - like summer to fall…
Thanks again. Good luck with yours!

1 Like

@Pinboy checking in on plants this morning I discovered new/white pistils developing on a bunch of buds on 3 of the 4. They’re in their 7th week of flower. In previous grow I don’t think I experienced this “late” growth. I was thinking these were getting ready to begin turning?
I began feeding a few weeks ago. Is the additional nutrients sparking this growth? Should I back off the nutes and just provide water here out? Or are these girls telling me they’re in this for the “long haul” - like 12-13 weeks of flower? This is new for me.
Thanks for any input. :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Up to 65% today…woopwoop.

Disclaimer…Very small ‘tent’ 40" tall X 28" square…YMMV with the dinky humidifier

1 Like

Hey Willum, I think your starting to see some foxtailing. Sometimes it just happens and sometimes it’s caused by issues with the environment. In your pic I can see some of the leaves starting to “taco”. The combination of the 2 make me think that it’s heat related. It might help to raise your light some and/or turn it down a bit.

2 Likes