Light Schedule for Seedlings

Lookin good from where I’m sittin!
I gotta say that I tried the fox farms mutes and didn’t like them at all. Granted, I was very new to growing and trying to learn about everything at once but I found the schedule was confusing and the results not that great.

1 Like

I’m not using their line. I’m using Blue Planet. But I shared my ppm & ph #’s with FF Support and they indicated that what I was reading was skewed by the particulates of the Ocean Forrest soil - which only confuses matters more. So I have only fed 3 times, not even with full dosages yet. And I’ll prbly only feed 2 more times. That’s why I asked. Because these are kind of running on their own. #’s are high, ph a tad low in runoff. But whatever comes of this will be as Nature designs. Thanks for your input!

1 Like

Yep, I forgot about the blue planet and for some reason had the foxfarm in my head.

1 Like

13 daze later…what think y’all? When should I start LST?

2 Likes

@GomBoo I would go ahead with LST now. I can’t tell if I’m seeing strong highlights in the photo, or if she’s beginning to flower? My experience is limited with only a few grows, but from my seat I think she looks good and is ready for manipulation. :potted_plant::peace_symbol:

1 Like

I’m thinking the same…I was waiting for the fifth ‘stack’ to mature a bit more.
FWIW it’s Purple Kush Autoflower.
Is anyone using the 16" 'pipe cleaners to train?

1 Like

Pipe cleaners and landscape staples

2 Likes

Just did the ‘trunk’ support this morning.
I still plan to wait for a bit for the top node to mature.
The 16" cleaners are long enough to just hook around the edge of my 4gal ‘dish pan’ pot. (we be vert challenged with our MacGyver tent.)

1 Like

She is starting to flower, get ready for the stretch and during this you can tie the sides down to spread her out a little. Since there was no topping you’re going to have a large main, kind of like a Christmas tree :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Ooh Rah

Is it preferable to tie the spread down or pull the main down and then the spread?

1 Like

I would start with the main and see how pliable it is and bend it over and tie down to the side of the pot, then spread the sides out and do the same. The intent is to creat an even canopy across the top of the plant for even light distribution and better air circulation :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Here are 3 I’m growing that show a flat canopy or close. This is the AK47 manifold with 2 weeks difference with just tieing and adjusting the tie downs every day or so to keep that even top :love_you_gesture:

5/28/22

6/9/22

Family pic

4 Likes

Looks awesome og!

1 Like

Much appreciated Grow Bro :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Tied her down at 9 last night, and here’s how she looks at 7 this morning, all help is greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Well done Brother! Keep adjusting the tie downs to get that even canopy :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Can’t believe how fast she’s responding, I’ll probably have a few more flowers to pin down today…You go girl. :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Lucy In The Sky 10 weeks.
Small yet bountiful :potted_plant::peace_symbol:

3 Likes

NOW THATS what I’m after. :astonished::astonished:

1 Like

@GomBoo this is my 3rd Grow. And with Each one the size of my plants have been the same - small & compact. I’m certain because of stunting them through my learning curve. Still, I have been content with our results. I don’t have much space to grow anyway so their size seems to fit. I’m sure your results will provide you the same satisfaction.
Here’s another example - Lady Madonna

1 Like