Light schedule and life cycl

I could use some guidance in the lighting schedule. This is my second auto grow. Life cycle of the auto, when and how long to use lights. What week should I put them on mh lights and general info on auto to guide me through the grow so I can improve on my grow

4 Likes

Give your autos full light the whole cycle I like 24 hours of light on my autos but some prefer 18 or 20 hours I rockem em 24hours seed to harvest

2 Likes

There 2 weeks old. Their under fluorescent light. When should I switch to mh lights and when for hps lights?

2 Likes

Oooo good question I only run leds with bloom and veg spectrum for whole run you should be fine to put them under the mh now and once you start seeing budlets switch to hps

1 Like

@Seadog. Autos seem to grow best for me on 18/6. They grow better with a rest period.

I wait till the 3 rd week from seed usually before firing up the MH.
I’ve got a small blurple that I put them under till then.
For the Hps I’ll wait till second week after pistils start.
:v:

5 Likes

Yea thanks for the info. I was using lighting guidelines for regular seeds my first grow. Turned out ok :ok_hand: Seems we have to be more vigilant and move fast with these autos. I’m learning :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’m using LEDs but I’ve been running 20/4. I think with autos it’s personal preference. Mine are about 5 weeks along and seem to be doing okay

5 Likes

I put a couple autos in with my photos ever grow start on 18/6 light cycle an finish on 12/12 they do very well. Personally I think they benefit from a dark cycle.
Good luck

2 Likes

Wow that one looks really healthy. So for lighting I have a 600w mh light and a 600 hps for a 4x4 with 5 autos going. What is your thoughts on the lighting? Do I have enough u think? The hps is for the flowering. Not both at the same time

Hello again. I just put my 2 1/2 wk old autos under mh lights. Can anyone give me some sort of distance I should place them? I have a 600 watt mh light about 24 inches from the top of the plants is that a good distance? I’ve been reading all kinds of different distances. Thanks everyone. Jerry

1 Like

I’m sorry I know nothing so can’t help. But maybe another post will help bump it :thinking:dunno if it works that way :heart:

1 Like

Ok thanks. I’m trying to figure this forum stuff, and what to do thanks again :+1:

Whenever you need to catch someone’s attention, tag them by putting @ before the name and they will know. Hey there, @dbrn32 could you answer the light questions?

1 Like

Thanks for the info

1 Like

That is fine and what I did when I used 600 MH/HPS. Make sure to have a fan blowing between the light and tops of the plants.

4 Likes

I agree, should be good. Especially with fan as hellraiser suggested.

3 Likes

Yes, a fan is a necessity. That temp rises fast when those lights are on.

2 Likes

@GreenJewels ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Is this right?

1 Like

Yep, just like that :+1: if you start a journal, tag me please Happy growing :v::green_heart:

1 Like

@GreenJewels hello. I wonder about the change in hours of light from veg. To flower. I have them on 18 and 6 right now on my mh light 3 weeks in. Should these lights stay on 18 / 6 all the way through flowering, or should they be changed to 12 and 12? Thanks again… Seadog

1 Like