Light rigging ideas

Does anyone have any tips/tricks to shorten the wire hooks that hang the light? I would like to raise my lights but the only way to do it is shortening those wire hooks…

I gained a couple inches by only using 2 of the 4 wires and attaching each end to the light and then hooking the wires to the ratchets. With my new lights I just attached the ratchet ends to the lights and over the bar. I think I gained 4 inches or so that way.

3 Likes

I eliminated mine all together and replaced them with two of those ratchet strings with a clip hook thing at each end.

1 Like

Sorry, that photo isn’t as good as I thought. This may be better.

4 Likes

I adjusted mine this way, and gained enough for what I needed. @dmykins

6 Likes

Stoner ingenuity at its finest!

You can usually gain some by hooking both ends to the light and hanging from the middle. You can even double them over if need be.

1 Like

@3high5you

What lights do you have? I like the idea, just not sure if the openings on my lights are large enough in diameter to have the hook go through…

@dmykins they are Meizhi 900W lights.

1 Like

I tool zip ties and ran a small loupe through the clip on the lights then I ran my hanging wires through and clipped them back at the top that took away half of the height. If you still need more height I took the eyelets that screw in and put one at each of the mountings on the light and then connect with a zip tie. My lights only hang 5 inches from ceiling I can get you pix if you need

2 Likes

@Sirsmokes that’s about as close as you would want to be anyway due to the driver fans and vents for the lights.

3 Likes

Yes I have my exhaust over it it for flow… had to do something lol

2 Likes

This is one way

3 Likes

Is that a roleandro?

1 Like

No this particular light is not it’s a cheap ass 1000w but I do have 5 of those 300w galaxy hydro by them these are just for my indoor veggie garden

1 Like

Very cool
I am also a one time winner of the ever coveted
“McGuyver of the Year” award and I gotta say
The competition is fierce this season!!

Cool stuff man!!

Here’s the other way I was talking about

It don’t leave alot of room for heat disipation so you have to get crafty

1 Like

@Sirsmokes

That’s not a bad idea…

It got me a much needed 3 extra inches

1 Like

Folded the cables in half and the rest is cheap stuff from a local hardware store

4 Likes