Light recommendation for set-up I will be upgrading to?

the set-up I am looking to purchase to upgrade my little tent + spider farm SF1000

what I have in my cart:
Tent : AC Infinity CLOUDLAB 642 Advance Grow Tent, 48”x24”x72”

Fan : AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Control

Filter : AC Infinity Air Carbon Filter 6" with Premium Australian Virgin Charcoal

Light: N/A (currently using a spider farm SF1000)

3 Likes

That light is only 100w. I have an SF 4000. it works great. You will probably need to upgrade the light, too

ty for the reply sir, Yeah, the current light is in a very small tent with 1 autoflower, i think i will use it for a future seedling closet build, but yeah, i intent to purchase a light with this set-up, just so many out there and if anyone has a similar planting space as that tent hoping to get some recommendations :slight_smile: i will also look into the sf-4000 so ty for that!

Looking to upgrade your light system try this on for size. On sale now at Amazon. I have two and they work great. Can move your drivers outside your tent to improve cooling.
Limited-time deal: HYPHOTONFLUX HPF4000 480W LED Grow Lights 4x4ft Samsung LM301B OSRAM Diodes & MeanWell Driver, Dimmable Commercial Grow Light Bars, Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lamp for Indoor Plants Veg Bloom Amazon.com

1 Like

HLG is the light that many use. If i could swing another light, this would be it.
BTW I am female, like our planted ladies. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :hugs:

2 Likes

Also think about adding some UV and deep red/far red to improve flowering.

2 Likes

@shadowmanstan I think u have 2 threads going. It would be easier if u just add to 1.
Helps everyone keep up. :crazy_face: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The HLG 350R is an awesome light for that set up. Latest tech Quantum boards, more power than you really need in that space, but your plants will love it!
I’ve got one in my 2x4 and it’s awesome!
Don’t worry about UV and Far Red right now. Get a feel for growing and ease into the research later on. They can both help your grow but don’t overwhelm yourself right out of the gate. They’re a luxury not a requirement.

3 Likes

Yeah, true, I am gonna focus on this one, as my only item left to purchase will be Light(s) now, as I picked a Tent :smile:

I was looking at the HLG 350R actually just now, and was also looking at the Mars Hydro TSL 2000

2 Likes

The HLG, can’t go wrong. You be rockin’. I hear their customer service is the best.

4 Likes

Thank you, yeah it’s hard to pass that brand of light up when you see it everywhere here haha, I put in my purchase and bought a 350R excited to see the difference between this new set up and my old small 1 plant tent. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can you move the driver outside of the tent with any of the HLG models? In my area heat is an obstacle you have to deal with.
Since I moved my HYPHOTONFLUX HPF4000 I am getting the temperatures in range without any A/C.

1 Like

Recommend a Dual bulb/DE 630w CMH lamp., with a dimmable ballast.

If your going for a Mars in a 2x4 I would look at the SP3000 it’s designed for a 2x4

I’m sure an electrician could do it but it comes mounted to the light.
HLG has kits you can buy and assemble your own and with those a lot of guys run enough wire to keep the driver outside of the tent.
@Newt and @Graysin both have experience in this area and can probably answer your questions better than I can.
I’ve smoked so much weed this lifetime anything beyond plug and play and I’m screwed! LOL!

3 Likes

You can move the driver outside with the HLG Diablo 200.I’m not sure about the rest of their line.

Unless some lights have the driver other than screwed to the heat sink, there is no reason you can’t. You might have to lengthen the wires by splicing on some additional wire.

2 Likes

I just peeked in the tent - the driver is bolted on through the board so easy enough to remove. The dimmer has screws in the top but doesn’t extend through the board, so I’m not sure about that part.

A picture is worth 1000 words and the tent is all of 6 feet from here…LOL

See the “dust”? I assume that’s coming from the humidifier but I never had it on the plants - go figure. LOL!
I’ll be using rainwater from here on out in the humidifier. Pretty much zero PPM.

edit: I just drilled through the heat sink on my Scorpion Diablo so It’s easy enough to work with.

A shame this won’t fit in a 2x4! It barely fits in my 4x4! LOL!

2 Likes

Yes and no. You can move them but on the models that don’t have a long enough cord to separate the driver from the fixture, if you remove the driver then you do void the warranty.

The Diablo Mini (200) has a long enough cord to separate the driver without needing an extension. My QB 260XL did not.

2 Likes

A couple reasons I went with the HYPHOTONFLUX HPF4000 same Samsung LM301B 3000K & 4000K Diodes and OSRAM 660nm Diodes & MeanWell Driver, Dimmable Commercial Grow Light Bars. For $20 I added 3m(10ft),2pcs/pack driver extension cables.
Not only removes a key heat source but also opens up about a foot of headroom in my tent.
Not American made but what % of parts are on any decent LED??