Light Question grow masters! HLG 350

Just took out my two china made pos’s leds. I had 2 220 watt excelvenze fixtures in my 4x2 grow tent. Just got my 350 today and figured why not! Im currently at day 24 of flower give or take one or two. Plant is blue dream autoflower and has been painless for me growing well. “SHOULD I BE DOING THIS AT THIS POINT IN GROW”? Thanks my brothers and sisters for your expertise. Cheers

8 Likes

Also shes currently hanging at 20 inches above on 60 percent. Sorry!

5 Likes

I don’t se a problem but I know someone who will. @dbrn32 can you shed some light on this hehehe. :blush::v:

4 Likes

That will work nicely watch your plant and adjust accordingly you will love the new light

8 Likes

@Flitme i know there are going to be growers against this. Thanks for your input.
@JJ520 Thanks for the reply JJ. I already love it just put of the box. It is a bad ass built fixture.

3 Likes

No one will be against you using the superior light. And you are correct not cracking it all the way up right away. See how the plant reacts to it and turn it up more as the plant gets used to it

6 Likes

My thought is “why not add the 350 in to the center and leave the others on the flanks”?

Exactly.

I’m a fan of maximum power unless its causing your plant problems. Then dial it back. :v:

5 Likes

@Graysin absolutely dont have the room to do that. If it was a 4x4 most definitely. Maybe one angled on backside but man theres not a lot of room in a 2x4. If i could i most definitely would. Thanks brother. Cheers

Amen to that. Too bad about the space - I understand though. The 350 will be a beauty to finish out flowering with. :v:

3 Likes

@HornHead i just feel like at this point in my grow some people might want to be a little more cautious. Its a lot of work to have something thats controllable ruin it… But wth we only live once and i think the upgrade is awesome. So glad i spent the money, which honestly was pretty reasonable. And now i can take pictures with lights on that dont look like im in the willy wonka blueberry room! Cheers

3 Likes

Run hlg-350r. I agree start dimmed and give a few days to acclimate. If everything looks good start making small increases.

5 Likes

Thanks @dbrn32 appreciate the reply. Kind of funny i was just ready a thread that i think you started about lighting. Seems to be an interesting topic for everyone. As it is the “life” of our grow. Cheers! Shes running at 60 percent right now ill see how they feel in a couple days. Maybe take her up a notch.

1 Like

Just got my 350r as well. Amazing the grow bros @ the shoppes don’t know what I didn’t a week ago unless you all enlightened me. No more cheap lights.

3 Likes

Making me Jones for my dual 350R setup in my 2x4 tent. Yeah I’m that guy, LMFAO. Wife has been sick so all my attention has been with her. I need to get the 350R’s bolted together, UVA-30 XL mounted between them and stuff in the 2x4 and blaze the ATF to trees. There at 23 days under a HLG 100 V2 4000K. They need to be set free. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are 2 x 350r too much light for a 2x4, or are you dialing down the dimmer? TIA

@Westdogg 1 is rocking the 2x4 running at 80 percent just getting to fourth week of flower. Plants are loving the change. You couldnt fit 2 in a 2x4 plus way overkill IMO.

2 Likes

Maybe im wrong on the fitting because I see @Blastfact is bolting two together. Just think its way too much for the 2x4.

2 Likes

@Jimtroutbum Thanks. That’s what I thought.

3 Likes

Yeah - I don’t want to rain on anybodys fun but it’s not gonna be any better with 2 than 1 in a 2x4.
By any standard 1 is too much for the space already. I’m in my third grow and haven’t needed full power yet to grow nice, fat buds!
And there’s zero advantage I can see by having 2 lights in one tent I can’t turn up past 50%!
Still gonna use the same amount of power.

I’m not saying it’s not gonna grow some nice plants but I just don’t see how it can do anything 1 can’t already do in that small of a footprint.

I’d buy a second tent for the second light, but that’s just me!

2 Likes

One would be more than enough for a 2x4 very sweet light