Light question for 3x3

Anyone using an HLG 200Rspec in a 3x3x6 tent? If so, thoughts?

I have a 3x3x6 tent, been using an HLg 320w xl qb v2 rspec for 2 years and love the product it produces.
I’m thinking your light may be a little small but I’m not sure, I’m sure someone else will respond.

1 Like

The 200 is good for 1 plant. If you want to run 2 plants at a time you are going to need more light. The 320 that @sparker mentioned would be a good choice. A 350r would be an even better choice.

4 Likes

I have 400W in my 3x3. Slight overkill but glad I have that much.

3 Likes

I love overkill, lol.

1 Like

Nice work, looks great

1 Like

Two HLG 260XL’s in my 3x3. Can easily get PPFD over 1000.

2 Likes

I found one HLG 200 in a 3x3 insufficient so I add supplemental lighting.

1 Like

Thanks. How many plants do you grow in it? What did you supplement it with?

I prefer growing one plant in my 3x3.

I supplemented the lighting by placing 2 now discontinued HLG red/blue 75 watt bars on either side of the of the HLG 240 kit.

I like experimenting with stuff so for my most recent grow I added 2 sets of ACInfinity IonBeam S-16 light bars adding another 80 watts of side lighting. I have the perfect plant to try it on, an ILGM Chocolope which is a tall growing plant. I’m in week 4 of flower. I’ve done very little in the way of lollipopping the bottom branches to test out the side lighting. I predict this plant will easily produce a half pound of good hard buds.

If you notice the buds under the supplemental red/blue bars grew taller and the buds seem to be slightly fuller. First time I’ve noticed that with those lights even though I’ve been using them for a few years.

1 Like

Damn. Looks great. Keep up the good work

they rock, i have 2 of them