Light question 600 hsp

I have a 12x12 room that is going to be a grow room for about 20 plants, currently I have 1 600w hsp. The light really does the trick for the price. My question is how many 600 w hsp lights will I need??

Approximately 6?
@dbrn32

1 Like

I believe the area your trying is to cover (12’x12’) sure this works out to around (72 sq ft) like @Covertgrower said 5/6 600w hps lamps would cover this area with sufficient light coverage as 1 600w hps covers a 4’x4’ area But I’d hang on for @dbrn32 to confirm or deny

Have a good day stay safe :sunglasses::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Have to get a second job to pay the light bill​:rofl::rofl::rofl:. I’m using it in a 4x4 and it’s great I was thinking 6 but it’s only my second inside grow and I wanted to make sure if that’s what I needed.

Question… if there is a light that’ll put out a larger area of coverage I’m up for ideas

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: you may that and Is that second job being for the electric bored :v::joy: yeah I’d say it’s more or less around that figure should cover that area.

As for alternative lighting I’d assume you mean by changing over to led? If so @dbrn32 is you man​:sunglasses: if staying with hps the coverage area is increased when going to a 1000w but not by much and the real problem after this is heat dissipation :love_you_gesture::sunglasses:

2 Likes

12x12 is 144 square feet. If you plan on running canopy wall to wall would be more like 9 600 watt hps lights. I’m guessing that there will be some walkways or work area, that wouldn’t really require being lit in some circumstances. How is the canopy going to be run?

2 Likes

I’m gonna lollipop them

I’m pretty new to the indoor grow. I don’t wanta break the bank but is there a better setup I can use for better yield than the HSP lights? I’m gonna grow only auto flowers.

1 Like

Led has a higher upfront cost than HPS.

1 Like

Your yeild will be more determined by your light density than type of light you use. Light density is determined by total amount of radiometric flux over area. So is more about having right amount of light for space, which could be attained by just about any of the grow lights. Some will just require more energy to get there than others.

3 Likes