Light Opinion Please

I have a 2x2x4 Tent 15 gal pot in the center. Is the below light to much light for my tent considering the dimensions? The bottom of the linked page shows light hang distances from plant, looks like I got to big of light considering the room I have with pot + plant height and only 4 foot tent to begin with?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IVQ96MW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That light will barely cover a 2x2 space. There are better lights out ther. If you can spend the money up front, get a quantum board, they are more efficient and brighter, saves in the longer run

Welcome to the forum

1 Like

Was just looking at a HLG, but only have what
I have at the moment, which is a 300w led and the 1200 one in the link I could run em both?

1 Like

The 1200 will be sufficient through much of flowering then you can toss in the 300 if you can make it fit. Four foot tall tent will be tight. I have a few plants in one under a 1500 and in 5 gallon pots. I am running out of space.

1 Like

Thanks man! Ill give that a shot.

1 Like

The Amazon product info says 252 watts, so I think you are fine. That’s 62.5 watts per square foot. The standard is 50 watts per square foot, so you should get some nice dense buds. Considering the three fans, that is probably about right. Quantum, LG, and COB lights would just use a little less electricity for the same results.

2 Likes

save up and get a HLG 135w Quantum Board.!
https://growerslights.com/collections/horticulture-lighting-group/products/horticulture-lighting-group-135-watt-quantum-board-led-kit

it will be one of the best decisions u make for your grow.!

4 Likes

That Amazon light can work for tent 2’x4’, but that chip is very similar as Mars 300 led, it is very old chips, if you see all Mars lights, you will know that chips is very old chips. You can see ECO or MarsII series, the chips upgraded a lot

1 Like

Thats good to hear, was afarid I wasted $150.00. Hung it and its running much brighter than the 300 I had in there. Plant looks good this morning loving it! Thanks for taking the time bud.
Demar

Buying another light will have to wait till afterr the holidays, but I do like the HLG boards and how small of profile they have. This is on my mental to do list my frined!

Demar

1 Like

I’m not real familar with the chips and all being my first endevor but I do intend to get a HLG board next time around if I dont kill this plant :slight_smile:

Demar

As long as you stick to 2 x 2 it should be fine. You are good for light. Now you just have to worry about nutes, pH, temperature, bugs, etc. Farming is not easy, but it can be very rewarding. I got 7 ounces dry weight of buds off a Northern Lights plant grown in not much more space.

1 Like

I got 7oz dry from one White Widow Autoflower in a 2x4 tent using 535 true watts (KingLED and CRX Sunny COB) of Chinese lights. The buds were long and spindly but dense.

They ran hotter than I wanted and the 535 draw vs 32,000 lumens vs footprint pushed me to other options. Still though, the smoke is outstanding and I got a decent haul from one plant (half a gram per energy watt)…

The Meanwell Driver/Quantum Board DIY kits are an option but a 315 CMH in that size tent would crush a grow…

I am running a SHO T5 this grow and loving the light.

This is my led haul

4 Likes