Light number and light power due to the space amount

LEDs are more efficient than HID. but if you put in many LEDS, you will still run into a significant increase in your power consumption. You can’t add intense light to a large area without there being a noticeable jump in energy consumption. The best way to try and cover a power consumption change, is to start your room during a seasonal temperature change. Everyone’s consumption changes during these times, so your increase won’t be a red light.

And before you write off HID, I’ve seen a few blogs where people have dumped lots of $ into LEDs to change over from HID lighting and actually saved nothing on power, and lost yields. I love the new LED tech, but its still a gamble anyway you try it from my research. If you buy good HID lights, you will know exactly what your getting. And in an area the size your describing, you are going to have a surge in your power consumption either way.

Thanks Blountville for your guidance.

Hi dear garrigan,

I have a important question and would be grateful if you could guide me.

I have a typical room in my home with dimensions (3.30*3.70M), I want to use all my space the first to growing and continue to flowering. Is it better that I divide the my room to large number of small sections , for example 2x2 or 2x3 foot and install a less power LED for each section, in total a lot of less power LEDs with little distance of each other or do i divide to a few large sections for example 3x4 or 4x4 or even 5x5 foot and install a powerful LED for each section, in total a few of powerful LEDs?

Sincerely,
Maziar

Hi Will, Great information my friend.

David.

Hey @david1954,

Thank you for the kind words David. Show are you doing ?

Will

@Mazoo, I have set up with 4 tents …two 3x3 for clones seedlings one 4x5 used for vegg and my flower tent 76x76.
I’m taking the flower tent out. This will give my ladies more room to grow . Heat is major problem. But with tent gone I’ll keep venting through the ceiling.

LIGHTING
I’m going with this…And these are some of the models I saw on amazon…
Thanks for the links @vicbesos420

https://www.amazon.com/Roleadro-HYG05-2X200W-W-Spectrum-Hydroponic-Indoor/dp/B00U2DP48I/?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/370W-Spectrum-Modular-Expandable-Hydroponics/dp/B01ARIHJEO/?tag=greenrel-20

The second one was rated better.

I’m going with the second one myself and update my fans and ducking.
Is this something your thinking of ?
Let me know

Will

Hi dear Mr Stomper, how are you today?

Dear Stomper, you said that two Kind LEDs that covers 4’x4’ around $1,600. Where to sell two Kind LEDs around $ 1,600?

Meanwhile, does that really cover 4’x4’ at flowering stage? And other question, how many super silver haze can i grow in each square meter? Given that I have enough LED light for one square meter.

Sincerely,
Maziar

@garrigan62, Thank you, it was good advice.
How much can you harvest in every period?
I want to plant super silver haze. And my budget is between 6 to 8 thousand dollars and I want to have the highest yield with this budget. In your opinion, how many pounds can i harvest at any period?

@Mazoo,

First I want to Welcome you to ILGM Glad to have you join us this is an awesome community. Just roam around there is a wealth if info here.

Now I got to be honest with ya MaZoo there just isn’t anyway to determine yeild at any given period.
Even the big boys can’t determine there yeild. They could estimate there yeild for a each grow. And they have a 100 times the money with optimal control.

Now having a budget like you have you want the biggest bang for your buck.
This is how i see it in this order…

1.). Air control , venting heat , fans and ducking to vent heat to edict.

,2.). Lighting…choosing the most optimum led system for seedlings and vegg
And flower stages.

3.). Mid. Things like…timers . R H control, PH tester an so on

4…) Soil…very very important.

5.) Nutrients

And a host of other things. But the first and up most important is RESEARCH lots of it
I will help you with this but its up to you. There is a lot to learn and a good starting point is at this link…
Check these sites out first

1 Like

Hi Will, In the middle of building new grow tent 1.2x1.2x2m. I am putting 2 Mars 11 4oowatt LED lights in it. They are the new model grow switch and bloom switch. Up sized the ventilation and making a lighting rig with a small winch so I can push a button and the lighting system will go up and down and from side to side. We shall see if it works. I am doing well at the moment I hope you are too.

David.

@david1954 ,

Lmao…now why didn’t I am think of that and I got the winchs to do it. :grinning:
It can work very easily.
I’m up datingvent system and light system. Not worried about where t vent just more powerful system but quite. I vent into adtic. Now for cool greas air will be sucked up from under the floor. The room was a car-port at one time and there is about 1 1/2 feet under floor cool air from there. The lights are going to be these.

https://www.amazon.com/370W-Spectrum-Modular-Expandable-Hydroponics/dp/B01ARIHJEO/?tag=greenrel-20

Check them out David only draw back…no price listed update $299.00 ea. Covers 3x3 @ 18" about canopy. So I will need 4 of yheseddc to covet a 6x6 floor

By the way I’ll be growing Roberts. Gold Leaf

@garrigan62

Thanks again. I researched very much but I’m asking of you because is very important your opinion for me. Meanwhile, i now that even the big boys can’t determine there yeild but i wanted to know its approximate yield. For example, if all goes well, can i harvest between 4 to 6 kilo at what space?

most of the seeds will give you an estimate of yield per square meter… in the information section, before you buy them…
example,…amnesia haze
Yield High (±550 gr/m² - ±19 oz/3ft²)

plus or minus 550 grams per square meter…pretty sure those estimates are based upon optimal conditions

1 Like

Hi Will, My brother is an electrical engineer he is doing it for me. I wish I had a space under the floor it’s an interesting idea. I had an older mars hydro that didn’t work right so I had a chat with Mars and they replaced it with 2 new ones so far so good. I will be watching your grow with interest. Catch you later.

David.

2 Likes

They really really don’t like bad press.

Hi Dear friends,

How much space (grow tent) and how many watts (T5) is required to 50 to 70 plants at seedling stage?

@Stomper

Hi dear Mr Stomper, how are you today?

Dear Stomper, you said that two Kind LEDs that covers 4’x4’ around $1,600. Where to sell two Kind LEDs around $ 1,600?

Meanwhile, does that really cover 4’x4’ at flowering stage? And other question, how many super silver haze can i grow in each square meter? Given that I have enough LED light for one square meter.

Sincerely,
Maziar

@garrigan62

Hi dear friend, please accept my apology for lots of questions.

How much space (grow tent) and how many watts (T5) is required to 50 to 70 plants at seedling stage?

In addition In response to your previous descriptions, i have to say that I researched very much but I’m asking of you because is very important your opinion for me. Meanwhile, i now that even the big boys can’t determine there yeild but i wanted to know its approximate yield. For example, if all goes well, can i harvest between 4 to 6 kilo at what space?