Light k spec and green light questions

@Niala do you still have that section about green wavelengths handy from the NASA study?

1 Like

@dbrn32 @ThcinKC @PurpNGold74 @Aolelon @Blasting @peachfuzz @Aliasnylle

Yep !!! Ask and you shall receiveā€¦lolā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::frog::v:

Itā€™s a ten page resume paperā€¦ The entire paper that compares LED with HID is 1028 pagesā€¦lolā€¦ But to resume, yes, LED are more efficient than HID lights and the green spectrum is very useful tooā€¦ It reach deeper in the canopy and fulfilled some plants needs that are not photosynthetically reactive, like Rob previous graph clearly shows and are important in flowering stageā€¦ A plant will also use around 25% of the green spectrum for photosynthesisā€¦

Truly yoursā€¦

~Al :v::innocent:

4 Likes

Wich would be that green light is a no-go at lights out, right? I did reas but being on my 4th rum n coke not sure I catched all of it :laughing:

:thinking:ā€¦ new info to meā€¦
So if the plant can photosynthesize with green lightā€¦ then why havenā€™t I ever had a problem using them in flower to tend to the gardenā€¦ ?:thinking:
Iā€™ve accidentally left my green lights on for 6 days while in flower , one table was 1 week into flower , second table was 4 weeks into flower and the 3rd table about 8 weeks into flowerā€¦ no nanners, no issuesā€¦ what givesā€¦ although I dont have alot of respect for NASA and the way that they like to hide informationā€¦ so Iā€™m a little sceptical is allā€¦ donā€™t doubt you @Nialaā€¦ :wink:
By the wayā€¦ how have you been my friend?..

:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Plants do reflect most of the green light they come in contact with, and I would imagine using green light on itā€™s own isnt going to do much of anything. But when added with your other wavelengths, is when it becomes more prevelant. Now I dont know this as fact, but from what i have read green light does play a role on some other plant species but opening the stomata, or closing them and various other effects.
With cannabis there isnt very much research done with it so I canā€™t say to the effects of it.

3 Likes

If you were going to use a light at lights out,it should be a green light for sure.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing has at least something to do with intensity. I donā€™t disagree that they seem to be in use regularly without ill effects, but also difficult to say it wonā€™t ever cause an issue.

3 Likes

@peachfuzz

I have plenty of other papers, not from Nasa source, if you wish my dear friend , but I know you donā€™t doubt meā€¦ :grinning::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::v::sunglasses::frog:

That doesnā€™t mean that you are not rightā€¦:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::v::innocent:

The green light will be use at around 25% in photosynthesis when combined with the other spectrumā€¦

Green light spectrum (500-600nm) alone can be use during night cycle with very few adverse effects but not recommended for extended long periodsā€¦ Intensity of the lights is also really important and have to be taken in considerationā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::v:

Some C3 plants can act, by genetic aberration or cross breeded, have the abilities to act like a C4 plants that are not affected by photoperiodā€¦ Maybe yours had some rudalis in itā€™s genomesā€¦:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::v::frog::innocent:

Anyway, as long as we agree that green light is beneficial to some point, everything is fineā€¦lolā€¦:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::v::frog:

By the way, I feel bad tonight, an aweful migraine, not my CH , but a strong migraine that goes on and offā€¦

On a more positive vibes, my bladder cancer as not returned after the removal, so itā€™s great newsā€¦ :grinning::+1::ok_hand: I have more follow up each 3 months, but I am confident that everything will be ā€œTiguidouā€ā€¦ lolā€¦:grinning::+1::ok_hand::v::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::frog:

I am building a light with the help of Rob and looking forward to move to a new apartment next year :grinning::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses:

And you my friend, how are you been, mon ami :grinning::frog::sunglasses:

5 Likes

This could very well beā€¦ I only have 1 little 15 watt green CFL hanging in the middle of a 10ā€™ x 16ā€™ room at 9ā€™ tall and actually the reflectors are basically right in the way of direct plant contactā€¦ :thinking:
Now you guys have me thinkingā€¦:thinking:

Iā€™m going to go smoke a joint and think on itā€¦ :grin:

2 Likes

Good vibes and better wishes on you my friend :wink: ā€¦ just glad to see you aroundā€¦ :grin:
Will be doing more investigation into thisā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Tanks alot four The infoā€¦ :yellow_heart::green_heart::heart:

3 Likes

Out of likes n 4 days late but you sir, are awesome. Thanks for the lit drop :+1:t5: