Light is on, Controller switch is in Off position

I’m not sure I understand how the light works or if I have a faulty switch.

My light is installed in my tent; I turned it on today directly into a wall socket. So i thought I’d see how the min to max switch worked, and I also turned the switch to the off position on the controller (box?) . Shouldn’t the controller work so at the beginning I can change the light intensity? The lights are still on and the minimum to maximum switch doesn’t seem to change the intensity of the light. Am I missing something or not understand something? Is the Switch box faulty?

Should I just ignore that it is not working and plug it into a timer?

Note to self: Test your new light BEFORE you are ready to put your seedlings/plants under the lights

What light is it ?

It is a spider farm SF2000

[quote=“molliedoes, post:1, topic:66675, full:true”]
I’m not sure I understand how the light works or if I have a faulty switch.

My light is installed in my tent; I turned it on today directly into a wall socket. So i thought I’d see how the min to max switch worked, and I also turned the switch to the off position on the controller (box?) . Shouldn’t the controller work so at the beginning I can change the light intensity? The lights are still on when the switch says off and the minimum to maximum switch doesn’t seem to change the intensity of the light. Am I missing something or not understand something? Is the Switch box faulty?

Should I just ignore that it is not working and plug it into a timer?

Note to self: Test your new light BEFORE you are ready to put your seedlings/plants under the lights
[/quote] Light switch

When you turn the knob from min to max your should see a difference

1 Like

There is another rocker switch on the backside of that box in your picture.

Im new to my sf1000 but there are two switches, one is just for the dimmer.

2 Likes

I checked mine and the rocker you see is to turn the dimmer function on or off. The hidden rocker is the actual power switch.

The instructions say to turn off the dimming function if you are running at 100%.

3 Likes

@Rageous2 : Oh my Goodness !!! thank you, thank you! I can’t believe I didn’t know there were 2 on/off switches… So nothing wrong with my light that correcting a “User Error” can’t fix… Thank you sooo much!

4 Likes