Light intensity

First time grow…started 5 seeds in FF Ocean Forest; lost 1 seed, awesome tap root but never came out once moved to soil. Have the 4 looking good and I’m wondering

1. If my HGL 300 Rspec at 90% in 3x3x7 is too strong?
  2. When do I transplant and when I do should I go to a 1 gal then to 5 gal or straight to 5 gal?
  3. I’m thinking nutrients are good in this soil for at least a couple more weeks?

2 Likes

They are growing roots and if they are good for a few weeks then that’s when you should transplant. If they are going to end up in 5 gallon, I’d just go there. Forget the 1 gallon.

You can always turn it down a bit. I run my MarsHyro TS2000 at 50% for early veg.

3 Likes

First off welcome to the forum, and there’s plenty of good knowledgeable people that love to help.

I have a 300 Rspec also and early vegetation I’d say turn it down but watch your plants, are they stretching or seem to be running away from lights.

1 Like

Oldmarine has you set, just dim the hlg-300.

1 Like

Do you think I need to dim? I think they look real good as it is…

Nothing i see there indicating you need to right now. But it will be cheaper to run and cooler.

1 Like

You are awesome!!! Thank you very much!!!

2 Likes

Yep id say dim the light to about 30% keep it about 24 inches and see what that does. As far as transplant i wait til the leaves touch or surpass the edges of the pots or cups they r being moved from this is good indication there is enough roots to hold the ball together when moving. Got some awesome voices here to guide u. Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Welcome.

Thanks for the info! I did reduce the lights last night and everything still looks good this morning!

1 Like