Light intensity with Mars ts 1000 in vegetative state

I just put a new Mars Hydro in my 3x3x4 tent. Plant is 23 inches from light. I’m on Day 13 if my grow and starting the vegetative phase. Do I run it at 100% or tone it down?

1 Like

If its dimmable definitely lower it. In the beginning you don’t need super intense light. You can save some electricity. Slowly turn it up as they get bigger.

2 Likes

The user manual that came with my Mars Hdro 1000 sez " recommened hanging distance, Germination 12-30 inch, seedling 24 inch, veg 18-24 inch, flower 12-18 inch. page 5 of manual if you still have it.

1 Like

Thanks. Got it, didn’t know where though. I’m a newbie that just got some decent lights. My other lights needed to be 7 inches off the plant. I was wondering about the intensity too. I was using 23watt LEDs and didn’t want to shock her with brightness.

1 Like

I crank my Mars Ts 1000 to Max from seed to finish The sun is intensity Brite and newbies love it go fig.

I as well have ts 1000 and started with full light.At 3 weeks and looking good after topping. Not sure of the thinking on lower light settings. Interested in anyone’s thoughts on the subject.

I judge by putting my hand over the plant to see how warm it is and move up the light its usally 30 to 50 in for the plant I have never had light burn or streching problems .