Light help please

The filter reduces the smell, and also traps particulates. The fan sucks air through the filter, and then pushes it out of the tent. The negative pressure draws fresh air into the tent as well. The setup is pretty straightforward. You’ll find many examples on the forum when the time comes.

2 Likes

That really depends on your location. Electricity is .08/kWh where I live. I read earlier where someone in California pays .29/kWh.

Ask someone to take a picture of the exhaust setup they got in a similar tent. I would but just took it down.

1 Like

Here’s a very inexpensive fan-filter combo:

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwin9PHcxJnmAhUYh4YKHSwgAWQYABAHGgJ2dQ&sig=AOD64_3xVtyRdyzIOePTJP6g2UosgIljxw&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwj8h-bcxJnmAhUr1lkKHSdnDLQQwg96BAgMEA4&adurl=

1 Like

Here’s a cheap tent to match the 260 light:

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Reflective-Hydroponic-Indoor-Growing/dp/B071NZM723

1 Like

I prefer plastic pots, although I’ve never actually used fabric. These look tall, which some people speculate might be good for autoflowering cannabis:

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjq27XWxpnmAhUJeIYKHaFQDIYYABABGgJ2dQ&sig=AOD64_24KqKD-R7UGprA9WXf8DAqufwEIw&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjAna3WxpnmAhUuo1kKHSDtB0AQwg96BAgMEAk&adurl=

1 Like

@joker I can’t make specific soils recommendations; I’d buy a locally available OMRI listed soil. It’s realistic to budget $20 for this. You’ll spend less though.

1 Like

@dbrn32 nudged you toward the HLG QB 260, which was a steal at $270. The Mars Hydro TSW2000 is $260 all day long. It’s not the best lamp, but it will grow potent flowers in a 3x3 tent.

Alternatively, you could buy a light like this. IMO 400w is overkill for a 3x3 because 250w would get the job done with less heat. I couldn’t source one on amazon though. I’d look for a vent-through design.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwj84fCVy5nmAhUTXw0KHT8yATsYABAHGgJxYg&sig=AOD64_2BOgQ3hshywKVq4nwx210Rds1EgQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwj2s-eVy5nmAhUQmuAKHbN-AFwQwg96BAgNEAc&adurl=

Option 1:

Filter - $64
Tent - $65
Pots and soil - $28
Light - $260

Total: $417

Option 2:

Filter - $64
Tent - $65
Pots and soil - $28
Light - $150

Total: $307

1 Like

You said cheep.

LEC lights are cheap … its not LED… But it may be alot cheaper and it will take care of a 3x3 no problem.

Adjustable brightness up to 315 watts giving you the par of a 600 watt HPS… Your bulbs have a long life and there are 2 different spectrum’s available for your veg and flowering cycles…

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Micro420bonsai

1 Like

If you need seeds and can scrape together $120, You’d be smart to buy the 10+10 deal ILGM is having right now. You’d be set for a good long while with that.

1 Like

I like casseroles…

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I thought too. But with my OG Kush Auto I had to improvise and get the light as high as possible and still got some leaf burn. But I am a Noob and I didn’t train her. (I am just grateful she lived!). :grin:

2 Likes

Just to give you an idea @Joker114 on space here’s a picture of a Northern Light Auto .Two plants will fill a 3 by 3 space full of buds

this plant was topped one time.

4 Likes

I have it separated into 2 purchases. 1st will cost about 270$ and the 2nd is around 250$. That’s everything included except party cups and water. Which I work at a grocery store so that’s all cheap for me.

3 Likes

You’ll need some additional stuff throughout the grow, so try to set aside a little bit extra. I’m thinking pH strips or a meter, seedling care supplies, etc…

Yup I got most of that stuff already planned in

2 Likes

If it wasn’t obvious, the carbon filter is a consumable; you’ll need to replace it periodically or find a way to recharge the activated carbon. The cool thing is that your ducting will still work, and you can buy a pricier filter (or not) depending on how this works out.

You’re also going to want a small fan. Maybe you have one, or maybe you can find one at Goodwill.

1 Like

Yeah I can get that figured out

1 Like