Light hanging clips don’t fit around support bars

Trying to hook up this new light but the pulley system hooks don’t fit around my support bar. Tried to go online to see if they sell bigger hooks that would fit around my bar, but they are all look the same size, nothing bigger

3 Likes

They dont fit. Grab some zip ties. They never fit. Or some “S” hangers.

4 Likes

I use the ratcheting rope completely different than you as i ran into the same issues. I just hooked the clips to themselves and ran the cord itself up and over the bar. I use 4 ratcheting ropes per light on my marshydro ts3000. Ill update with a pic when i get home for better explanation

2 Likes

16 Likes

I use same method as @Audiofreak. I thought maybe it was just my light brand but sounds like a common issue.

5 Likes

I had same issue and got bigger clips because wasn’t sure how long the rope would last.

2 Likes

Put them on the support bars at the end that goes over the rail where they’re smashed flat it will fit there :v:

1 Like

Same as @Audiofreak. Wrap it around the crossmember and clip it to the rope.

3 Likes

This is my method of hanging them up

4 Likes

4 Likes

The issue with this is those zip ties will eventually get brittle and break. There goes your lights.

2 Likes

They can. If you go cheap. I do not. Always a downside to everything. I tend to look at the upside. Only thing i have had break in YEARS was a hanger itself.

3 Likes

When the hanger broke it crushed 2 auto flat. I do believe you saw them. Last year. TOTALLY sucked.

4 Likes

They bounced back tho right?

2 Likes

5 miles of tape later…lol

4 Likes

I’d be more worried about the lights than the plants. Plants recover, lights don’t.

3 Likes

Man you are right. It was sooo còol. I was lifting higher…snap…swing…snap snap snap bang. I just stood there looking stupid in shock. 1 lemon haze and a NL flat as pancakes.

3 Likes

That would suck. especially if you wasnt home to hear it fall? now im thinking maybe i need some kind of backup line just in case. That could be a major fire potential also.

1 Like

well maybe not I dont know if leds get hot enough to start a fire or not.

Appreciate everyone’s help, y’all are the best :slight_smile:

7 Likes