Light green stripes

I look at the picture again and Ph problems just seem to stand out as well. Should really check the ph of runoff water (or do a slurry test) and see what’s up.

don’t know if I transplanted too early this time. usually no issues
with the soil. removed her from the tent and put her under 2-48"
grow lights (t8) for a few days, think I will transplant in larger pot and
soil without nutrients. thanks everyone for your replies .

1 Like

This is the soil i use all the time
promix-gardening-product-vegetable-mix

I add alot of stuff to it to ph issues easily fixed with a flush it 100 times better than gox farm soils and cheaper. What ever feed schedule from what ever nutrients bottles cut the dosage in half and when it’s got a bushy look to it start increasing the the nutrients then.
The Orangeish color i had when i went to leds in my small tent, calcium nitrate fixed alot of that and azomite trace minerals, with touchy plants
I flush until right ph comes out of the bottom and about 3 or 4 days later i feed and watch for improvement, calcium edta is a very easily absorb by the plant and has helped me even out my plants alot

These are all in the veg and herb promix and yes just got rid of all the flys. I feed and water at 6.5 ph hope this helps a little

1 Like

i am using the same soil. i used fox farms last time. i am following a stricter nute schedule and i have flushed more this time. i keep seeing posts more this time than last year of problems using ocean forest. is it possible that something is diff with the soil now that is causing problems on a few grows?

1 Like

Yes that is very possible i have seen bad batches from name brad suppliers

Also don’t forget to calibrate your ph meter and check it’s calibration 5 minutes after you calibrate i thought it was bad soil or nutrients and all kinds of things only to find out every thing was fine but my ph meter would not hold it’s calibration very expensive lesson for me went to the aprea ph60 meter and life got alot easier in the garden

2 Likes

@ThcinKC thanks for the reply. your plants are looking real nice and healthy.
nice to hear good about the promix soil. I was going to try something different but think I will stay with promix. I have used promix veg and herb in other grows and am very pleased with its results. I use hydroponic nutrients and feed every 3 or 4 days with 20% runoff and grow soilless. I flush about every 4 to 6 weeks. do you flush your soil to set the ph before you put the plant into it.
have to agree with you on the ph meter calibration I calibrate
every 2 weeks. went through 3 meters before I got an apera ph60.
it is well worth the money and works great.

1 Like

@Covertgrower, @imSICKkid, @ThcinKC, @AfgVet, @pptrsha1, @Bubblehead
I have planted the green crack into a 4 gallon pot using promix veg and herb. I changed my light to a 150 watt hps about 32" above the plant.
will leave her for a few days with 18/6 lighting and just 6.5 ph water.
could not having a fan for air change be hurting the plant ?
temps are about 75 lights on 65 lights off .
here is a pic under a hps light, it shows the roughness better. any and all help welcome. thanks

1 Like

Normal lighting please so we can understand what you’re describing.

1 Like

@Covertgrower
here is a pic in regular light, new leaves grow out with a coarse
looking surface and as they grow the area between the leaf vein
looks swollen and a lighter shade of green. as they age more the light areas go brownish and look dead. starting to wonder if it could be some kind of a disease.

@MattyBear @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410

What’s your opinions on this? Genetics? The plant looks essentially the same as the first post.
The leaf texture is odd.

2 Likes

How about an overall shot of the plant and an in focus shot of an affected leaf.

2 Likes

Yes if your co2 levels get low enough. The plant can’t survive without it.

@Covertgrower @dbrn32 @imSICKkid
here are a few pics off the plant, she is 9" high and 28 days old.
only gave her nutrients one time about 2 weeks ago, very weak mix.
because she was very tall I planted her to the bottom of the 4 gallon pot. all leaves have same issue and texture. have checked for aphids or bugs with a loop. plant seems to be growing ok. started from a seed
which came from a friend. thanks for the help.

notice twisting in lower set of leaves.

leaf in red circle is 1" long, looking through a jewelers loop light lines look like cracks.

1 Like

What is the ph of your runoff? The wrinkled look usually goes hand in hand with ph being off

2 Likes

I’m following along on this one to learn as it’s new to me

1 Like

If the PH comes out to what it should be, and your lighting is high enough, and your temperatures are good, (they were last time you updated) I’m willing to chalk this up to genetics making it behave that way.

1 Like

i am watching for this too i had some twisty leave before too

@Myfriendis410 @AfgVet @imSICKkid @Hellraiser @dbrn32 @pptrsha1

was meaning to get back sooner but had to flush 2 girl scout cookies yesterday. gave plant 1 gallon of ph 6.5 water today the drainage came out at ph 5.3, am I right to say the soil ph would be about 5.9 .
plant seems to be growing good except for this one issue.
may just let her grow for couple of weeks and see what happens.
wondering if covertgrower could be right about genetics.

3 Likes

Not necessarily. What you can say is that the ph of root zone is trending down. This isn’t one that you flushed yesterday right?

3 Likes

she has not been flushed since I put her in a 4 gallon pot about 3
days ago. soil is fresh promix organic veg and herb mix with about 20%
perlite added. have not used any nutrients on this soil.

1 Like