Light for a 3x3 tent?

Hi,
I am looking for recommendations on lights for a 3x3x7 tent. So far i have grown a few autos on some cheap light and now that i am hooked on growing i am ready to upgrade and start some photo :slight_smile: any recommendations for good lights for a tent this size?

2 Likes

HLG 350r

9 Likes

Hello @Mbenita
The newer bar style fixtures are cooler and distributes the light evenly across the canopy. Provides for deeper penetration and has the option to move the drivers outside your tent. Moving the hottest part of your light outside your grow area. Samsung and OSRAM diodes.

HYPHOTONFLUX HPF3000 LED Grow Lights 320W with Samsung LM301B & OSRAM diodes, 3x3ft Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lamp with MeanWell Driver, Dimmable Daisy Chain Light Bar for Indoor Plants Veg Bloom

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R8FSYBG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ADBG0QD0G6HNYNN5M94N?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1?tag=greenrel-20

$309.00

2 Likes

Im liking these new ac lights and they have a good price then the new Mars have Samsung diodes and come loaded with uv and ir which is why they cost a little more spider farmer has a good bar light to very similar to the Mars might be a better price… whatever you choose good luck :+1:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BLGQKMY/ref=sspa_dk_detail_8?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B08BLGQKMY&pd_rd_w=7ODJe&pf_rd_p=0c758152-61cd-452f-97a6-17f070f654b8&pd_rd_wg=mtGMl&pf_rd_r=MP50PTW138Z1ETFCQS3N&pd_rd_r=21a1b625-3725-4823-bb2f-7b66c59d67a6&s=hi&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyM1A1REZHNzY4SzMmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5ODYxMDIyN1k1OExLMkNNWkhYJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA1Mjg0MDMzNkFDMEc3VFVBUDI3JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==amazoncom/dp/B07Z5PY294/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_D3HPWZP4SK3MB4510XY7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

I would probably opt for HLGs 260W QB® V2 Rspec LED Kit
HLG has top notch customer service and are second to none in quality.
Right now with the discount code “GROW” its only 253 dollars.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Id go with hlg as well. Although the uv and ir are intriguing to me on same board the country of origin for the ac infinity says china. No thanks

1 Like

If you ask around, you’ll quickly realize I’m a proponent of the underdogs.

My top recommendation is a 480w light from Green Beams (green-beams[dot]com)
It’s a funky lil company based outta the US. They started up to rival HLG - and they’re so tiny they’ll have a hell of a time. I found them on accident, bought a light and love it.

It’s a quirky rectangle 26”x19” and “comparable” to the HLG 600 RSpec. I’d probably more readily compare it to a triple QB 288 Rspec slate, but that’s alright too.

Here’s my photo evidence that it’s not awful:

The perk is that the 480w is absolutely overkill for a 3x3. It means you can effectively grow out anything your heart desires in the 3x3 and also upgrade to a 4x4 without needing to buy a new light.

@Fiz was the only other one nuts enough to embark on that weird journey with me - I think has 2 now (or maybe just a 2nd on the wish list)

5 Likes

Go for the best the tent can hold - you’re hooked - you know it!

Get an HLG Blackbird and call it done.

@SilvaBack203 running one in his 3x3 and loves it!!

4 Likes

You’re right, I have two of the 240s. I was stalling but said heyyyyy… When I realized I was going to have four in flower at the same time I figured I had to.

Tell you what, in the summer I could put one in the short tent and grow out another auto. I have Bruce Banner to grow -

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I made the plunge for an hlg 350r after looking at all the lights mentioned and doing some reading. Should be coming before the end of the week. I will have to see how the girls like it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My girls r huge

1 Like

Dude - hands down the 350R was the best thing I ever bought to grow weed with!
Right up until I got the Diablo!

Of course, I do like my lights…

4 Likes

I’ll second that suggestion. HLG Blackbird and you’ll be absolutely killing it.

3 Likes

This my 3x3 on March 27th when i put the tent up and blackbird up.

April 6th

Today

5 Likes

Wow. How many plants are you growing in 3x3? Do you grow them to full maturity or just Veg? Also, would you have a reference for the holder you have on the back right with a plant hanging from a bar attachment? I have a lack of humidity and am trying to figure out how to solve for it but did not want to sacrifice the real estate for a bucket of water :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right now there’s 8 girls in that tent. The 3 babies will be going in the 2.5x2.5 once its available.
The solo cup holder came from @CoyoteCody live all his products…

1 Like

https colon // 3ws dot hyphotonflux dot com/blog/2022-new-pro-480-led-grow-light-with-uv-and-ir-6

Edit: broke nonauthorized link. But its pretty easy google n find. Happy growin

@Graysin Holy bargain bin Batman! I just realized they are selling the GB 480 for $359! That is insanely cheap for such a nice light. The 240s are back down to $169 - they dropped the price $30!

Too bad I don’t need any more lights. Seriously.

3 Likes

Woah! Yeah that’s a $30 drop since I looked two days ago. Hmmm :thinking:

3 Likes