Light for 4x2 in a 4x4 tent

Hi out there, I might be over thinking this, never been accused of doing that before. So please excuse the bad drawing, I’m a visual person. So I’m in a 4x4 want 1 light to light up at least a 4x2 space, use 1/2. I know the walls of my tent help reflect light but if I have nothing to reflect the light on the one long side will my ppfd, DLI, drop so much that any plant on that edge would suffer ? Lights looking at are HLG cause there having a sale, also open to all other suggestions, there a few other lights I’m looking at as well.

1 Like

I would just get a light to do the whole tent

2 Likes

No matter what light, you should center you plants under them for maximum effect. I marked it with a red dot.

2 Likes

Check out the hlg 260 r spec. 2 would flower a 4x4 and give you the ease of being able to have lights at different heights.
Just saw it wrote on the paper… my bad lol. Awesome lights btw. Getting ready to buy my 4th one.

1 Like

These are under 2 hlg 260s

1 Like

Alright y’all are awesome let’s me give more info to help figuring this out. If u can’t tell Newbie in first grow now, I will only being growing Autos, bought the mix autos pack from ILGMA so have 15 seeds. Also my state has 4 plant law, also don’t have a lot of cash to spend, can afford the Diablo light can’t spend 600 $. Around that 300-400 range is about my cash flow, Also I read a lot that is better to have multiple lights u can raise and lower depending on your canopy, thanks again to all

I could only buy 1 260, couldn’t do 2 at same time $, so if I got one like my bad drawing above if should cover and flower half, will I not lose to much light power, because there are no walls to reflect light back ? Thanks hat what I’m wondering

Not sure if it applies to sales item but try the Dude code at ckout, or Dude10?

Will definitely do try to save every penny i can, penny saved penny earned. Yikes I’m old

1 Like

I take it you are only using 1/2 of the tent for plants. The hlg 260 would be adequate for 2x4 space. Better yet is the 260 XL. It has a longer heat sink and more light spread suitable for 4’ length.
If you could find a few more bucks my first choice would be the 320 XL. It has a 35" heatsink and more juice.

And y I DIYd mine with the guidance from @dbrn32

1 Like

Completely under the 320 more power and 3 boards instead of 2 but the wiring on the 320 confused me when watch how to assembly video, that’s my only thing on diy kits, plus only 1 yr warranty? Would if make a big of difference between the 260xl with longer heat sink, and the 320. Only trying to do at max 4 autos, state law is 4 plants not trying to spend more if not needed ?

1 Like

The 260 xl would be a very nice light to cover 2x4 space. I am sure there many members here that use two of them in a 4x4. Going with more horsepower is just me. If I don’t need it all I would rather be able to back it off a notch and gain a little efficacy and potential lifespan by not pushing it at max capacity. Like I said, that is just me. I have assembled two 260w Rspec kits. I watched the assembly video before hand and then had it running while I actually did the assembly. Electricity and me do not get along but I even managed to get it to work the first time. After I did one, I took it the driver off and now have it outside the grow space. I ran a separate ground wire.

This is a bit of a mess. I have one more light coming and will clean this up after I install the third light

I practice what I say. This 32" x 72" closet will have three 260w V2 Rspec fixtures in it. The closet has 16 sq ft and almost 47 watts per foot.

3 Likes

Like always thank u wasn’t thinking about more juice means don’t have to be at 100% all the time, get longer life, will just call HLG and see how much it’s going to be thanks again

2 Likes