Light flip time frame

Hello fellow growers. What is the average time from the sprout to flipping lights for flower? I know it all comes down to how long you want to veg for and if they have reached maturity, but i am not looking for a large yield and i would like to keep my plants on the smaller side.

2 Likes

You can always set your lights to 12/12 and they will flower as soon as they are mature enough. Usually around 3 to 4 weeks from sprout. Sometime longer and sometimes shorter. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I grow gas lantern method. 13 on 11 off during veg. I usually veg until the plant reaches the net which is about 4 weeks then I tie everything down to the net and switch to 12/12. I use a lot less electricity and my results speak for themselves @Lrf1417

5 Likes

That depends on your grow space and quantity of plants. If your going to SCROG these it’s all about filling the net until your happy with the spread then flip to 12/12. Without a net I tip and LST them until I’m happy with the training and canopy then I flip. Average veg time for me is around 6 weeks after the seedling stage. It’s a growers choice but space will drive this :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

From germination for me it’s usually 8 to 9 weeks my rule of thumb is when the canopy covers about 50% of the grow space I flip

2 Likes