Light cycle for autos

Hi there, I have been doing a bit of reading on light cycle for autos. I am currently doing 18/6 and I am busting coming into flowering stage.
Seems there are quiet a few pros for 24 hours light cycle.
I have had issues recently with cold weather at night and was thinking maybe 24 hours cycle could be a good solution?

Keen on thoughts for autos light cycles

1 Like

Hi @diz. I am by no means qualified to answer as I am a beginner. However, as you said, I have read and continue to read and learn. Seems like most people think there needs to be a dark period for the plants to recover and process the energy taken in. I have seen considerable development day-to-day after coming out of the dark cycle. I am running 18/6 as well.

Conversely, I am having the opposite issue - too hot! Can’t get the temps below 82 for the past few days and the heat will continue in this area. I can’t run the AC continuously. Wife already on me about the investment already! 8:30 EST and already 83F!

Good luck. Curious to read some suggestions you get.

3 Likes

I vote stick with the 18-6 light cycle and swap lights on at night off in day time. Heat from the lights at night help balance out the cold. Also as mentioned @PP3121 plants will benefit from dark cycle.

2 Likes

Yep like that idea.

1 Like

It works in the winter to add heat to the tent at night. Same practice let’s tent be cooler of the day during summer.

1 Like

@kellydans If you were to switch the light cycle, how would you suggest to go about doing so? I mean, I want to go to 12/12 from the current 18/6 due to too much heat which a can’t really control. These are autos so I do not think it makes a big difference, right?

Currently, lights come on at 2:00pm and turn off at 8:00am. Should I let the dark continue until I get to the new desired turn-on time? I want to run 6-6 now, might be the coolest times for my area.

Thanks.

Let the daylight cycle continue until you get to the time you want.

1 Like

The cycle just turned off about an hour ago. Could I turn it back on or wait for the next cycle?

1 Like

Yes turn it back on will work fine.

1 Like

Appreciate it.

1 Like

@PP3121 you’re welcome!
you will also save a few dollars buy not running lights in daylight during power companies peak hours .

2 Likes

For sure!

I uploaded a few pics to the “apotforpot” thread if you want to see.

Once again, thanks.

1 Like