Light choice on a budget

For sure it will be

You got it …lol But you know what will happen? I will use them all…

2 Likes

That’s right your electric bill just went up
Lol
I have like 9 light going between me and my wife’s fruit trees lol my electric meter is spinning lol

I have ten flowering reg plants white widow and the two 400 just not enough…

1 Like

I miss read you post before
Sorry lol
Yeah you’ll be happy with leds
I run 2 300w and 2 400 watt for 5 plants in a 6foot x4 foot deed 6 high box for coverage :+1:

1 Like

I ran a dedicated line to my closet on a 30 amp breaker.
I run 2 mars hydro 600 and a 96 mars hydro reflector 1 mars hydro and 8 150 watt cfls on 6 plants in flower plus the 2 exhaust fans and 3 circulation fans. The veg room has 1 mars hydro 300 and 4 100 watt cfls on 10 plants plus 1 fan and 4 inch exhaust fan my light bill only went up about $45 a month

1 Like

I just learned a Ton of things off this Thread and what I thought was true, what you said and what @Matthew420 said as well, I’m considering getting a different Starter light and what a time consuming process, I don’t know whats worse, looking at Nutes or Lights !!

2 Likes

That’s funny… I’ve been doing exactly that for like 3 days straight. Adding and removing things from my cart like 5 times. I finally ended it and purchased the same nutes I’m already using and the Viparspectra 300w led for a side light. I wanted two of them, but I talked myself down. Lol

VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B4GQ6MO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_4WADybT7VQ1PY

2 Likes

What nutes did you decide on , I’m at totally organic as possible, and that "Flower Power " they have here seems to be for very weak soil

Check this one out :smirk:It’s dimmable :+1:

I’m in hydro and I’m using technaflora. I haven’t seen many others using it, but it came with my set up. I figure this is my first grow so I should stick with it. I know it’s not organic.

Don’t fret , I"ve heard good things on Technaflora !! I’m a soil -outdoor grower

1 Like

I had some pretty bad nute burn early on. I’ve been doing good for a while finally… And I run out of nutes :expressionless:. I’ll switch it up next grow so I can compare different nutrients. Sorry… Back to lights!

2 Likes

It seems like there’s quite a number of first-time Hydro Growers around here

2 Likes

it’s a daunting task either way
So much out there and to sift through it all makes me nuts :peanuts: lol

2 Likes

if you are on a tight budget something like this may be an option for a space that size Metro Supersoft TK 46-16 Metro Moulded SUPERsoft Individual Weatherstripping Seals | Summit Racing. I use a 6 tube version of this light in a 2ft by 4 ft closet grow with a mixed spectrum (6500/3000k) bulbs and my last crop of ILGM SSH gave me 8 ounces of high quality medicine.may not have the “star wars” appeal of LEDs but it is a widely used, time proven technology

Your link is for weather stripping. Was that your intention? Also, double check but you can only post links for items being sold from Amazon and one other partner site. Things like ebay and other stores are not allowed.

I eventually ended up getting the galaxyhydro 300w light you suggested. Are there any tips or tricks I should know about this light and growing some plants that you could give me based off of your experience with them?

1 Like

Follow mfg light hieght suggestions and you’ll be fine
It’s a great light I have 4 of them
Your going to love the 9 bands
Don’t keep light to close it will stunt your growth
I keeped the lights around 20 inches off canopy in flower and if I remember correctly I keep them at around 30 for veg
You can adjust it up,or down as needed to fined your sweet spot though all plants are a bit different
Watch your leave they will tell you f you to far or close
Any other questions I can help with let me know hope this helps

1 Like