Light Build Parts Help please

@Bubblehead @RandomlyRan I saw that one too. Length wise it fits because it is 6mm but the neck is also 6mm while in the diagram it is 3.5mm. Now I am looking at plain old square nuts image This one 5.5mm which diagonally is 7.778 meaning it would not spin in the slot. I will keep searching for 7mm sqaure nut. You guys are great (hard to be gender neutral).

3 Likes

Agree and replied to dbrn32 the same.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 @RandomlyRan @Bubblehead
I was looking for a little larger nut to fit the 7.5mm space tighter so it would for sure not spin
I have never ordered from uxcell - so see how it goes
Finally found a nut that should work

3 Likes

Greengene released new video, said all parts were linked in description. I never did check though

Hot on the case. I will check his channel.

1 Like

this is the one in which he uses the 23" strips and is comparable to what I am trying to do, other than the number strips. I am using 4 strips that are pushed out to ends and the center is open. But anyway, he just mentions the nuts but does not describe the spec or source. The components list references 1/4-20 x .5 T nut & screw. Being the mechanical wizard I am, this is what I ordered. After the fact I realized it is very difficult to fit a 1/4 screw in a 3mm slot and a .443 wide nut in a 7.5mm slot. FYI

1 Like

This is new video

What you’re saying makes sense to me, but it sounds like maybe you are going about backwards maybe?

Try looking at t-nut in profile and bolt through heatsink.

I watched it this morning. Wrong configuration. I had seen an earlier version too. It wasn’t a build video just showing what he was working on. Yeah I thought about changing out the heatsink and just going with Tnutz 10 series mono

I would then have the t-nut hardware LOL.
The rest of my PLC order won’t get here until 5/5 or so. Then decide
thanks again

1 Like

I built the standard light with the heat sink USA product and love how it works. If you have that much time before product arrives email him and see what he suggests. I had all my parts for 6-weeks before the boards actually showed up. I went a step further and found the zigbee controllers he used to sell and control my lights with them. Those took it to another level of simplicity.

1 Like

PLC sales is tired of me. I asked for info on the T-nuts used in Quick DIY LED video. Heard nothing. Also checked on delivery - first part of May. I’m good with this time frame. Just want to have it set up when I move the NL photos into the tent.

1 Like