Light and stages?

Hello, is there a kind of chart for newbies explaining the light power needed for different stages veg, gro, flo? (This question is for 2 DWC 5g buckets in 4x3x6 tent.)

After researching this blog i’m coming up with something like this:

• Starting the seeds in water (in dark container) for 48h or so.
    -Then place in a rooter with a 36watts blue LED in a 12/12hours cycle (or 24h full light? Not sure)
    -After 3weeks or so transfer to buckets with hydroton with 600w lights… still in 12/12hours cycles? When do we make the switch? 14hlight/8h dark during all the flowering stage?

I do things totally different. If you are going to soak a seed, 24 hours should be enough, but I like paper towel method personally.

All my seedlins are on 24 hour light under a T5 until they transplant and receive my 600w LEDs. Then I go to 18/6 through veg until the 12/12 switch to initiate flowering.

1 Like

Ohhh Im glad I asked I was completely going backwards loool!! Truly thank you

12-12 is for flowering when germinating seeds uou want to use 16-8 or longer light periods
I normally start at 24 hours on once beans are potted and switchbto 16-8 once they pop the dirt
I don’t recommend using 24 hour cycle for more than a few days

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 is right. I tried using the 24 light for the first week but had issues with the leaves drying out. I wouldn’t use 24 light for more than 2-3 days after seedling breaks surface.

You guys are the best! Thanks for all your answers!!