Levo and harvesting for edibles

@Storm mentioned using a Levo for processing trim. Do I have to dry the trim first, or can I process with the Levo wet trim using the dry setting? TIA

2 Likes

Yes you can dry…then decarb…then infuse. Super easy. I make large amounts so i dry and decarb in oven. If have an extra pod can make a nice personal batch without removing the pods during whole process wet to infused.

1 Like

Thanks, I have an extra pod. I have been using both pods when activating previously cured weed, at a low temp for a long time with pretty good results. But I have some wet trim that I need to do something with and appreciate the advice.

2 Likes

It is a long process. If have an ounce or more easier to dry and decarb in oven.

1 Like

Nah, just some trim. I make gummies, so we’ll see how it compares to my normal dry and cure process.:grin:

2 Likes

@NewGirl what did you end up doing? Did you use your Levo 2 machine? If so, how did it turn out? I just got my Levo 2 from Amazon and can’t wait to start using it, but I’ve never made edibles before. And advice? Thanks in advance! :pray:

Harvesting today and tomorrow. I am going to try it Sunday! I will let you know!

1 Like

Far as advice add lecithin to the pot in the top. I have found that the oil or butter separates from the herb oil. It is also said the lecithin helps the body absorb the oil or butter you make.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! Good luck with your harvest!

Whew. Still trimming. But I did try drying some trim in the Levo. It came out greener than normal, and I don’t know how potent it will be. I remove fan leaves, but pretty much leave the sugar leaves on so it dries slower. I will probably continue to cure in jars once it dries out a bit.

There is one thing that I got from jeffthe420chef.Com for my Levo. It is a screen that allows you to skip the pods and process loose in the Levo. If you do a lot of trim it could be helpful.

2 Likes