Let's talk Nectar for the Gods Sample Packs

Yes it will be fine.

1 Like

@Daddyā€¦thanksā€¦wasnā€™t sure :confused: was about to order the ā€œHades Upā€ā€¦

1 Like

From my experience you will only need ph up. Itā€™s a pretty low ph from what weā€™ve seen so far. But we are using rain water. It actually lowers the ph of the rain water.

2 Likes

I am betting I will still need pH Down as my water out of the tap is 7.9 and after sitting for 24 hours it is at 8.2.

1 Like

Yes you will need it just for your regular watering lol

1 Like

This water out here on the prairie is full of limestone residue and rough on the the water softening system as well! I went through 2 `/1 bottles of pH down for my first and only grow so far, for 6 plants, never once had to use any pH up. The bottle is still sealed. :green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Collecting rainwater an option?

1 Like

Not really. We are always sitting right on the edge of drought or in one here. Doesnā€™t rain or snow much. I tried collecting rainwater in 5 gallon buckets about a month before I started my grow last spring. I had about 2 inches each in 3 buckets :frowning:

2 Likes

Do you have access to a pond? Pond water is awesome! @FreakyDeekie

Well thatā€™s lame but at least your plants will get all the minerals they need. Just watch for salt buildup.

1 Like

Sigh, no pond access, lots of ranch ponds around but I donā€™t know the owners well enough to ask for pond water, LOL :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Assuming you have something that bypasses softener, outside water perhaps? The limestone can help in moderation, but too much can be a hassle too. I actually add lime to my soil for the purpose of buffering ph.

If you havenā€™t already, maybe try a basic water filter of the non softened water. If you canā€™t install one, a pur filter will work. I suspect getting away from the softened water will help by itself. But using a filter can knock suspended solid count down as well if need be.

1 Like

hmmm, wondering if hub would be OK with a filter on the utility sink downstairs, itā€™s non-softened water. That is where I fill my buckets. I did have an issue about 3 weeks from harvest with some lock out, so bad in fact that teamed with the spider mite issue I pretty much lost both of my GL for all intents and purposes Lots of lessons learned this first time around for sure!!

1 Like

Eh, that sucks. A cheap inline filter is probably the cheapest long term. But you could get one of those pour through filters as well. Just less convenient.

1 Like

So I know this isnā€™t a sample pack question per se, but is anyone using this in a hydro grow? Are you able to? Just thinking about future possibilitiesā€¦

1 Like

When is the best time to do the foliar spray? Before Lights come on? I can do it like an hour before the lights come on, or before the lights go out for the night? @Countryboyjvd1971 @RookieReefer

1 Like

I donā€™t think ive seen anyone try it in hydro. I know with some of the other organic nutes it cause foaming and film in res. Not sure if that would be an issue, but potentially.

2 Likes

I use @Countryboyjvd1971 advice and do my foliar spraying right at lights out.

5 Likes

Definitely at lights out. You donā€™t want your leaves wet under lights for too long.

@MattyBear youā€™re still in veg right? Have to be careful foliar feeding once flowers start to develop.

3 Likes

Yes Iā€™m still in early veg. Thanks for the reply fellas! Iā€™ll do the foliar feed tonight before lights out :+1:

3 Likes