Let's talk DIY lights

This one

2 Likes

ok thanks. ordered. couldn’t find one to come today argh.

1 Like

1 Like

Do you have an electronics store nearby? A place like Fry’s may stock them.

oh that looks easy enough. just a wago and done?

1 Like

You would need 2 wagos, one for each connection, but yes wagos or wire nuts plenty good.

2 Likes

sweet, thanks. actually it’ll be kind of nice to have a dial instead of guessing how much of a screwdriver turn the power is lol.

I don’t even know if we have any electronics stores. I swear the last time I went to one it was Radio Shack and how many years have they been gone now? the plants will survive another day. i want to get this up obviously before i get the plants in the tent. this frame ended up being HEAVY. but it is sexy looking and only needed an allen wrench to put it together.

3 Likes

Awesome!

Ya, I kinda miss having radio shack around. There was 3 within 10 minutes or so from my house at one point.

You can assemble light and turn it on without dimmer. Just make sure the dimming leads aren’t touching each other ans the light will run at 100% rated power.

3 Likes

I might… they are already at full power where they are now. I just don’t ever want to have to take this down once it’s up ha. I didn’t realize how heavy the aluminum would be. They make a 1/2" thick extruded piece with no slots on the side but i thought the flush frame was slick. but in hindsight may have saved me almost a good 10 pounds. the 6mm t-nuts also come with a bolt that won’t fit through the driver holes but I’ll figure something else out.

1 Like

You can drill or file the ho!es bigger on the driver foot if ya need.

1 Like

I so miss radio shack. Man you could build anything with that store.
When we moved here a few years ago I seen a RS in the next town over and got excited. Well yeah it’s a RS, but closed years ago and no one has bought the old store so it still sits looking like a RS :unamused:

2 Likes

I was thinking same about drilling out mount on driver. You may also be able to find a thread insert to fit the m6 that would be drilled at tapped for something like m4. I have seen kits on Amazon.

3 Likes

I even drilled the 120 board for my girls germ light to mount the driver.

2 Likes

thx i just don’t have a drill. i’ll get it sorted tho thanks :slight_smile:

the right size washer can go in the slot too with a smaller screw; just have to do some digging

2 Likes

Ah my bad. That’s right, blank not b. are the ones that can’t be dimmed.

1 Like

@Mark0427 here’s ur homework assignment. HAHA

1 Like

Jesus when did this thread get to 8k?!?!

1 Like

Ive been here and there on this thread. Lol just gonna get another 135. But i was looking at this board light monster light pro looks pretty sweet. Need to bling out the 2x5 well 2x5 lol. Its on the side so 2x5x4 high

1 Like

not sure what i was thinking making the frame this wide. any argument to be made on coverage by staggering the strips? my tent is 30” deep, strips are 23”.

2 Likes

My lights are 24" by 30" and cover 24 by 48 at 20" above (or so).

2 Likes