Let's talk DIY lights

What are dimensions of grow space?

the room is 15x16 but i only really want to use 16 by 8 for bloom and thank you for getting back to me

I posted in topic you started. Let me know there if you need anything else.

I. Ought 2 hgl lights for 300 bucks brand new. One was the 100 blue and the other the 100 w R. I put them both in my 2x4 tent and the grow fine fine bud. These lights are cheap but together work miracles. 300 and I would put it against any small space light.

4 Likes

Awesome to hear!

2 Likes

$275 total cost. Two qb288 v2 rspec with heatsink from hlg. Bought the driver from TRC.

This configuration works better for me. Since I’m running out of room, in the room, and this lights going in the new tent. Sf2000 back in here. Got an ac infinity 3x3 for this light.

Spider farmer and Mars are no longer budget brands. They are overpriced completely. HLG is cheaper than both and better. Ac infinity is drastically better and the tent was only $99. Ofc they didn’t have tents when I started. And HLG didn’t have those deals. But let’s break it down. Add ac infinity 4in inline 90 or 120 with digital controller. Do controller. Ac infinity carbon filter 50. Accessories 50.
That’s under $600. Sf2000 kit sitting at 620 now. No deal friends.

5 Likes

Funny how that works!

dbrn32 is always having a light bulb moment you really know your stuff

1 Like

i also have a 15x8 for veg with a tent in that room. im just sorting air in and out at the minute

1 Like

A massive thankyou too #dbrn32 and #KeystoneCops, you booth have helped a lot and taught me so much without you both realizing on what scale you have helped me. i wasn’t sleeping well with worry but now with the support from ilgm and you two in particular I’m back on track with 8 hours kip. its all down to you both. you don’t see the bigger picture or baby you do but you are providing a service second to none. i wish you both well because you deserve it…

3 Likes

Glad we can help!

1 Like

Well I haven’t even got the 1st light wired and I’m already thinking I should just go ahead and build the 2nd light before season gets here.
You say I will be happy with this setup so y not go ahead, right doc?

4 Likes

I would, always better to be prepared.

4 Likes

Orders placed, thanks again🤘

2 Likes

dangit i wasn’t paying attention to models and got one without the dimming pot. help? i need instructions given at the fifth grade level on what dimmer to buy and how to hook it up.

i was so excited to post pics of my first flawless build and… whoops always something

1 Like

The B at the end means it’s not dimmable. A means built in dimming capabilities. AB implies use of a remote potentiometer.

1 Like

You need a 100k ohm or higher potentiometer. If it’s any less than 100k ohms driver won’t go to full power. Once you get that I can probably dig through my files or find pic of wiring online. Its not that big of deal to do.

3 Likes

I knew this at one point that one did and one didn’t, but the photo of this model had the dimmer so I figured i was mistaken and all was good. but now I know for sure!

A driver has built in dimmer. B driver has remote dimming lead. AB driver has both.

1 Like

this?

https://www.amazon.com/TWTADE-Choose)-Potentiometer-XH2-54-3P-Connector/dp/B082FC8LQ5?th=1

1 Like