Let's talk DIY lights

Heard that! There is other drivers available that cost a little more if need be, but that one should work. It’s same voltage and current specs as the driver they send with hlg-65.

3 Likes

Right on buddy, thanks for your time spent. I’ll letcha know the outcome.
Was making me nervous I lost my touch.

4 Likes

Reckon ima need that driver info. The better brand/model will be fine. I like to do things once. I did read somewhere that a flash like I’m having may have something to do with forward voltage. I remember that coming up alot in this thread but not really wanting to learn that much at this time. If I do so be it, point me in that direction too. Thanks again

2 Likes

Qb 120 is 24v board, and driver number i gave you is 24v driver. Shouldn’t be problem with forward voltage as long as both are operating correctly.

LPF-60-24 should work or lpc-60-1750 would run at little less power.

1 Like

Kinda what I figured just on basic knowledge of electrical. Board say 24+vdc.
Which I think is a weird spec to give. What’s + equal to?
Are the 2 above part numbers still a meanwell driver? Is there a better brand?

1 Like

Im gonna ck the 1750. I like the lower power for germ/seedlings

1 Like

Sorry for being lazy, but what was the website that showed all the suppliers for drivers?

Both meanwell drivers. On cc driver it probably possible to get them to pull more than 24v is reason for +.

There are better drivers, but none I know of are gonna be specifically better for application. Even if they were cost going up significantly for small increase in efficiency or warranty.

1 Like

Probably online components?

1 Like

Thanks buddy

1 Like

1750 on the way. Man I really hope everything goes smooth on the big light build.

2 Likes

That build has been completed successful by others, who i suspect had very little to no electrical/electronic background. You shouldn’t plan on getting a component that doesn’t work, in which case you should be fine.

1 Like

Very true kind sir! I work with DC everyday and do all my home repairs except for work in the box. I call in back up for that. It’s just since this is new territory for me it had me doubting my work and knowledge. But for now I’ll go with bad driver. It happens.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 new driver came in today. All soldered up and working great! Woman is happy!!! Thanks again.
Now I will proceed with the 6 build.

4 Likes

Good to hear! I would still try to file warranty claim on that other one. It should work. Even if takes a while to get replacement you would eventually have a backup.

It’s never bad when significant other is happy either!

6 Likes

Refund received and I went with your above supplier this time.

1 Like

hey @dbrn32 ! back at it again with another build, and i am going to probably do 10 PLC strips this time instead of 8. The recommended driver looks like Meanwell HLG480h-c1750 would i still wire everything just like you drew out last time? probably a silly question but… just to be sure. thanks!

this is what you drew for 8. it worked great :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yup, series connection just like that with 2 more boards.

Is that driver config on pic’s website? Looks like it would just barely work. If you got a couple of hot strips may put you into over-voltage condition.

3 Likes

cool, thanks.

yeah it’s listed under their 10 strip “economy build”. if you have another suggestion it’s all greek to me.

2 Likes

If he says it will work I’m sure you’re good. Only other solution i see off top of my head would be using two hlg-240h-c1750’s.

3 Likes