Let's talk DIY lights

The hlg-225 is bigger light of the two. Nut if you’re going to spend $300 i think 260 kit is pretty significant upgrade. With discount code would only be something like $40 more.

2 Likes

Can you post a link? I hope it will fit into my tent. The biggest problem I’m finding with HLG is
the large sizes of their lights.

2 Likes

I can’t because they’re not approved vendor. What size is your tent again?

2.5X2.5X6

I think the Rspec is 600mm which will fit, but the 260XL won’t, it’s 900mm

1 Like

Sounds about right. Standard 260 kit or 260 xw is kit you would want. That xw kit would be ideal, but I’m not even sure if they make it anymore.

2 Likes

Won’t hurt to check, right? be right back, LOL

1 Like

BUILD ONE!! This is the place… for that price you can build a better light then the ones you asked about above a strip build in 560 would be sweet for a 2.5ft wide tent

1 Like

No, not made any longer but the 260 Rspec is the right size.

1 Like

I went looking too, didn’t see it in stock.

You could buy two of these and driver then assemble yourself, probably save a few bucks. Or 560mm strips like fano_man said.

2 Likes

does HLG carry the strips?

This is why I’m considering a new light. My CLW 250 is rated at only 1.9 whereas
this one is Board Level Efficacy with QB 288 V2 2.73 µmol/J

1 Like

Naw you would have to source from a place like arrow or digi key there great on customer service same level as hlg … there are tons of options u want a seed to harvest light… veg specific or flower

I’m looking for a Veg to Harvest light. I have a few cheapies that work wonderful on seedlings.

Last I looked their strips were meant to supplement boards. You could do photo boost from plc though, or cutter electronics. Pretty much same as r-spec board just in smaller package.

Was in middle of typing check plc photoboost I’ve seen some pretty nifty rspec type deals

on this kinda frame

1 Like

Checked their site, out of stock until further notice.
They are built not too far from me and with everything being locked down still, they might be
out of stock for a while longer, sadly. We have some really sadistic clowns running the state
at the moment,

Seems HLG strips are sold out too. They seem to be the next hot thing in LED grow lights.

Plc typically replaces stock every 4-6 weeks. Hlg doesn’t really make anything in strip form to fit your space, other than the supplement strips.

Cutter electronics has them similar to plc strips, but voltage is a little different and they would be shipping from down under. Chances are using cutter would end up being more expensive than building with two 288 r-spec boards too.

1 Like

That would be a cool build … db how big are the hlg 30 uva …like what length strip is it and is there a different source to find uv range strips in 1120 or 560 I would like to add these to my lights if possible …if so what specs are they and what’s a good driver for them

They are about 24", and pretty sure ordering from hlg they are only sold ready to run. No need to buy additional components, just mount and plug in.

Cutter has some pretty neat options in uv strips if you wanted to build though.