Let's talk DIY lights

The par map looks good, is it from reputable company? One in 4x4 more than enough if the map is accurate, but two in 8x8 would probably leave some weak spots.

Yes it is reputable… saw it on YT on a review and did some digging to get the info… they recommend running it in a 5x5 said it might be a little overkill in a 4x4

1 Like

I just realize that I’m looking at this all wrong… I feel crazy so instead of doing an 8x8 maybe an 8x4 is more appropriate. After drawing it out I see now that an 8x4 is basically 2 4x4 tents and an 8x8 is 4 4x4 tents. Am I correct with this floor plan now

3 Likes

Looks better to me

2 Likes

Are they dimmable? That would be a great feature…

1 Like
  • Removable and Replacable Lightbars
  • Dimmer Control on every driver
  • Independent UV + IR controls
  • APP Controller Or Manual funtionality

:nerd_face::upside_down_face::wink:

Yes they are

1 Like

So I got queation about light but its not a DIY build, I just came across a Prolight 6 fluorescent fixture ,hold 6 t5 54 w bulbs is what its rated/built for , I was looking at these 36 w T5 full spec LED (CLT t5-LED36FS) tunes for an alternative to the regular t5 bulbs it calls for…can I do this swap? Will it make a noticeable difference? Will this or possibly 2 of these fixtures be adequate for vegging 15 plants? The cost of the alternative LED tube is 27$ per tube ,and total wattage becomes 216 as opposed to the 324 with the basic 54w but the 54w are only 2700k where as the 36w LED tubes are 4000k as I understood…

For the amount of money on tubes alone u have almost a whole amount for a quality led fixture … horticulture leds are probably better suited for the task at hand … I’ll bet they dont put out near as much light density as say samsung or qb does in similar watts not 100% sure but I’d rethink your plan what’s the size space you are going to occupy with your 15plants

1 Like

Are they 4’ long fixtures?

Ok did a lil searching and your definitely gonna wanna rethink those leds tubes @Kotnmouf those tubes only put out 2k to 2500 lumens per tube 6 would be 12to15000 lumens … 1 single samsung f series 4 ft strip puts out 18,600 lumens my veg lights have 4 strips each that’s 74,000 lumens per fixture that’s 5x more lumens… and lumens aren’t the best way to measure usable light and those tubes dont have barley any specs about its spectral out put no graphs just very basic info because there pretty basic lights won’t grow 15 trees at quality lvl you will have airy fluffy lard buds

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be good for flower for sure.

Yes its a 4ft 6 bulb fixture

I got flower covered with 4 Tasty 334w T4-2100 LEDs and a Mars Hydro TS3000

2 Likes

Just want to use the T5 fixture for veg not flower, I was hoping I could get away with it or 2 of them for veg so I could start perpetual instead of using my flower lights for veg and flower

1 Like

I’d check with @dbrn32 to know for sure. Dbrn check about 7 or so posts up from kotnmouf on prolight 6. Ty

1 Like

How big is the grow space?

Chances are those led replacement bulbs are only about 100 lumens per watt. A 54 watt t5ho is about 95 lumens per watt. If that is even close you would have more light running the fluorescent bulbs. You can probably double check the specs on bulbs you’re looking at to be sure though.

Amount of plants isn’t going to be as important as the amount of space you’re trying to veg. Two 6 bulb 4’ t5 fixtures should veg around 4x4 space well, maybe a little bigger. But I would definitely swap out 2700k for a cold white, something like 5000k-6400k.

2 Likes

There’s your answer @Kotnmouf. :+1::v::sunglasses:

Veg away … thought you were trying to flower with . For some reasons plants love the florescent lights and if u can keep the fixtures fairly close enough like 10 inches you will find them good lights but that’s there nice veg and cloning… I’ve seen flowers in fluorescent @peachfuzz I believe used to do t5s maybe he can shed some light

3 Likes

Yes I have 3 four bulb t5ho fixture’s that I use for vegging and cloning…
But right now I’m using my diy light fixture with twelve 23 watt 6500k cfls for vegging and cloning…
Going to be remodeling the room and it only takes minutes to get everything out and taken down , the way I have it set up right now…
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes