Let's talk DIY lights

I’m building a cutter led strip light for my 3x6

it will have 4000k with uv and 3000k with far red should make for a good light i do have only 4 of the 4k and 12 of the 3k

6 Likes

Probably fine. If you get it take a look at wiring to see if looks nicely done or not.

3 Likes

See if there is a data sheet for it. Probably lists some guidelines based on temp of cooling water and rate of flow.

1 Like

Sweet! I would like to see if he can double the amount of 660nm and do 5000k with them…

2 Likes

That’s pretty dope! What is my guy holding there?

2 Likes

Could be a cloudline T6 controller. Lol

3 Likes

I don’t see any bullet holes in it?

2 Likes

LOL! That bad eh?!

2 Likes

Nah, but their customer service got close.

4 Likes

Well i was going to say a light controller lmao, but we can say it’s a hlg 65 that you just put together and are checking it out lol.

1 Like

@dbrn32 are electric sky lights any good compared to hlg? Lots of manuf hype on their page. Found 2 (used once) for $500 off new price just checking. From green sunshine co.

They are more expensive on dollar per umol base and less efficient than typical hlg fixture

1 Like

That would be sweet

1 Like

7” wide idk if that would work.for a QB

Another question. My 88 is filled and I sold my
10x10.
For a 10x10 that’s a hundred square feet. to max it out at 14-1600ppfd would you QB, strip, or COB? Cheapest? Hottest? These cooling plates would work great for cobs. I’ve seen lots of videos now. Keeps them
So cool.
Maybe a cob, QB, strip mix?

1 Like

Qb and strips pretty much same tech in different sized package. They are going to get you highest efficiency. So you can get higher ppf with less amount of watts. Will probably cost less too, but you would have to sit down and figure out cost of cooling equipment and modules.

It’s probably six in one hand half doz in the other. More fore heat sinks and either less in cooling vice versa.
That’s good to know. I’m using the 8x8 to experiment on cooling needs. My AC is only 10k btu. I thought it was 12.
33QB rspec plus far red plus 8x8 of transpiring canopy a dehuey fans lol. Heat everywhere. I’ve added an exhaust fan to see if that enough.
It’ll have to work intermittently during the day since there CO2 :roll_eyes: always something.

1 Like

Could be. I have never priced out water cooling equipment, so I don’t have a clue.

1 Like

The claim is it saves on AC needs. Therefore $ and the board would run cooler. Idk. I have several 4x4 friends always game for a weird light. If it keeps it cool enough in a 4x4 you wouldn’t need ac

1 Like

That is game I’m not all that familiar with. I can’t get my temps in tent high enough in summer.

1 Like

It’s the sealing. By sealing up my tent and adding CO2 temp skyrockets. I added an exhaust. Time will tell. Lucky leds allow for 80s

3 Likes