Let's talk DIY lights

You’re totally right, not you guys per se I was saying just in general bro. I was thinking of taking 5 out just cuz of that. I swear I just told my uncle I dont want to get mold or root rot. My humidity keeps fluctuating from 71%-80%.

1 Like

You are going to have to get your rh down for flowering regardless. Once you do that I think you’ll be fine. I suggested removing side branching as needed for a different reason. Once the plants start getting into each other they will compete for space. When that happens you’ll see the plants want to shoot up a lot. You can play that into your favor by getting a nice base for one large cola. Ideally that’s what you want.

3 Likes

Does @Bogleg have a journal on the public side? He would be SO perfect to see his grow.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 I am worried a bit but I forgot to mention that I do not have neither my intake or outtake carbon filter running. I only had my outtake on with my 4in desktop fan and my humidity dropped to 46% so I turned that sucker off and have the zipper door and the 2 mesh windows on the bottom open. @Myfriendis410 I follow @Bogleg grow love it! I’m not sure but I think it was on @Mrcrabs journal where he gave me some tips I think he follows mine just not to sure though.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Excellent: he’s a great resource.

2 Likes

I’d love to see you flip those plants to 12/12 today and remove the first three or four nodes from each plant.

I’m not saying that’s a good idea or anything, but I’d love to see you try it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have 12 in my tray right now. I germinated the seeds August 1st and they’ve been under 12/12 for 32 days - but the pics are 4 days old, so right at the end of week 4 of 12/12.

The tray itself is an OUTSIDE diameter 3x3 tray - the tent is a 4x4 tent. You can see I have had to train all the main colas via LST and super cropping (and numerous side branches as well) because I had height issues. This is the most plants I’ve run at one time - so far I think it will turn out okay, but still have a month or so to go. :slight_smile:

This is what they looked like the day I flipped them to 12/12 (there were 25 at that time):

8 Likes

Maybe a pic of what they looked like at the conclusion of week 3 prior to any serious training would also be informative:

There were 15 plants in that picture. The super tall one you see up front I removed immediately and destroyed.

6 Likes

Are you seeing a difference in the plants based on where the clone was taken from the mother plant? I have heard this happens.

Gonna have to try this someday.

3 Likes

These are all from seed.

But to answer your question, I have never taken note of where I take the clones from. If you come across any sources I would love to read them.

5 Likes

I get likes they go away then say you’ll have likes in 9 minutes? :thinking: give us unlimited likes! ILMG! Lol :+1::+1::+1::green_heart::green_heart: said once I’ll say it again I commend you brother! Newb question when you say remove 3-4 nodes you mean the bottom part right? Not top? I’m looking and I’m thinking the 4th is flip day not the 11th lol

4 Likes

Yeah so think of your plant like a pine tree, right? The bottom branches are the longest branches and also the ones that go out the farthest horizontally from the main trunk, yes?

So because you have 36 plants in there, you need them to not be wide. You have lots of height, so narrow and tall is good - wide is bad.

By removing the lowest three or four nodes, you immediately get a plant with a smaller footprint. In your case, I could see you removing ALL of the branches below the main flower cluster and getting a bomber yield of probably all grade A bud.

That’s what I can see in my mind, anyway. I have yet to execute that vision myself, because I keep getting distracted with seeds, growing fewer plants than I would want to grow to attempt it, and then doing other ill advised things to try and fill my space. Heh. Good times though. :smiley:

7 Likes

Got my likes back lol
Ok I think I’m gonna have to do that, like I told @fano_man I wasnt expecting them to grow so much in so little time. So that’s why I wasnt going to defoliat at all so I’m going to remove those nodes like y’all advised thank you. Sorry another question @Bogleg can I clone the nodes i remove?

3 Likes

My name is Al too so I’ll answer haha: YES! (But you need some leaf material and stem length to be really successful)

4 Likes

Thank you @Myfriendis410 :grin::raised_hands::pray::green_heart:

4 Likes

Excellent point. I crammed 2 outdoor plants right next to each other and they stretched up really tall and all the lower buds were immature and larfy as they were pressed up against each other and got almost no light.

2 Likes

yall ain’t seen nothing yet I’m gonna run 8 of these racks exactly 1 week apart they start and fi ish fllower from cloner to pipes with dirt they get 10 to 14 days and right into flower room I have 1 week 2 week 4 week started now to see what I’m gonna have to do to have this 196 plant perpetual work out

8 Likes

Well you certainly piqued my interest.

4 Likes

@fano_man Soil only? Why not a tub instead of individual pipes? More soil/root space.

2 Likes

Still trying to maximize what I have experience in yes u may have more controll and faster response to your addition and subtraction but from my experience to run the size perpetual I’m shooting for i will need a ice maker to keep my damn res temps in check i cant even get a bubbler cloner to be fool proof I’m not putting my money on a maybe i know what not to do now and what i needed … found the space and financial backing now it’s time to see what I can do with it those are 20 inch custom 4 inch pvc pipes with screen enclosure screen on bottom for drainage wit 4 2 inch grinder slices up each side I dojt see the narrow jess being a problem as my plants won’t be bigger then a foot tall and one solid concentrated kola I want the root system to not have to decide where the energy goes to I’m not gonna give it a choice so with 196 plants cycling 24 each week I should be able to grow some good quality weed with a very high turn around rate if I count every 8 harvest as a whole grow I’ll still get “6 grows” a year that’s full 8 rack cycles that’s 48 to 52 maybe more of those rack finish every year in wanna hit 40 lb mark I got plenty of choices of strains whose gonna help me hit my quota but I’m more interested in your variety I think that’s gonna be the best part I have 3 strains I’m firmiliar with which will be the first few cycle but I’ll tag you in the grow blog leg I dont wanna clog this light hread up but @ I wanna build 2 600watt 4x4 4000k lights sammy strips what drivers and what strips use the lm301 bins diodes

2 Likes