Let's talk DIY lights

When I search Bridgelux I get a bunch of Alibaba sites. Got a preferred vendor?

2 Likes

Usually arrow electronics or digikey for that. Try searching “bridgelux eb gen 2”.

That should provide a pdf within first couple of hits. If you open pdf it will have all specs and part numbers. You can copy paste individual part numbers to find stock on individual items.

3 Likes

I’m using bridgelux 580mm strips 3000k on a 23.5 x 20" alum plate from digikey they are awesome for herbs

2 Likes

that is a nice set up!
i did something simuliar to yours,but used strips…

11 Likes

I liked working with the aluminum plate. if you got your holes right you didn’t have to have a nut for the other side of the bolt, just screw into the plate.

4 Likes

I’m probably gonna build a veg only light soon. Had to move my last batch of lights into flower tent, didn’t look like I was giving my ladies enough light to make em fat.

2 Likes

Finally got my 2 atreum 288.2 boards working! Screwed the heatsinks to an aluminum threshold piece and attached the driver on top. Flipped 2 purple kush to flower under a scrog net today. Can’t wait!

8 Likes

@dbrn32 thanks for the advice!

3 Likes

Clever repurposing on the net!

2 Likes

Heat sink and heat dissipation is essential to preventing and mitigating the chance of fire! Mounting blasts on 1/4 inch aluminum standing off the wall (backed with cement board) or hanging on chains away from combustibles with a fan blowing directly on them will lower the overall temperature and make flaming a ballast not a fire hazard! I’ve seen them catch fire and this is why I recommend mounting them and cooling them in a way that stops the spread of fire to anything else, it’s a safety measure I recommend that can save your life and property, and you’ll sleep better! Also use a laser thermometer on all connections, plugs, and electrical devices regularly to monitor and spot any trouble before it happens. It’s too late after the fact! Don’t take any chances!

Looks like he has heatsinks on the boards. Although the rope hangers may be suboptimal. Maybe attach carabiners to the rope.

1 Like

Yes, manufacturer heatsinks on the boards. Gonna change out the ropes for chains and eye bolts when I get home (lights are off while I’m at work). Also, there’s a fan blowing into the grooves, not pictured though.

1 Like

I think you’ll be fine after getting hangers changed.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I kinda figured ideal would make a move into the business at some point. They are actually somewhat local to me, and were already a staple in led industry with accessories.

4 Likes

@dbrn32. I’m looking at the QB132 boards that are on sale.

They suggest the HLG-240H-C1750 driver for 4 boards. Do you agree?

And to clarify an A at the end means adjustable power, correct?

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, that is the driver I would buy for 4 132 boards. A and B drivers are adjustable. The A driver has dimming screw built in, so ready to dim when you wire boards up. The B driver comes with external dimming leads. So in order to dim you have to purchase and wire a separate dimming component, like a potentiometer.

1 Like

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Just finished my first QB build for my 3x3. 4 QB120’S 3000k. Ahhh I love em. And so does my eyes!!

12 Likes

Looks dope @imSICKkid :+1:

5 Likes