Let's talk DIY lights

Sounds like a good matchup for EB strips. But I’m sure @dbrn32 can think of other options.

1 Like

The 12v 1a is for fan. There is 3 other drivers besides that one?

Also, what are the measurements of the pcb inside and can you snap a pic of heatsinks?

Yes the 12 1amp is for the two fans

I heat sink is 8in x 12in

2 Likes

You’ll only be able to fit 8 of the 280mm eb strips in there, which would be 2 drivers worth. It would be a pretty significant drop in power. Let me see if Samsung has a higher voltage strip in 280mm package.

2 Likes

When you say 8" wide, do you have a full 8" of mounting surface for us to play with? Or is some of thst eaten up by the way pcb mounts to frame?

1 Like

Full 8 inch but the corners are rounded a little. If i have get creative to mount anything i dont mind. I now know that i should of spent the 200 bucks i spent on these on something better bur hindsight is always 2020.

3 Likes

I could find a bigger heat sink if needed

If you’re going to find a bigger heatsink you may as well just build a whole new light altogether.

The Samsung f-series 280mm is a little more narrow. You could probably do 4 per driver for a total of 8 on 2 drivers.

I could turn my bluples in to 3 diy lights. Ill do some price checking into those later tonight. Im sure ill have some follow up questions lol

Thanks dbrn32

1 Like

You bet, I’ll be around.

1 Like

Could 1 driver run a qb304 looking at there website they have the 3500k on clearance.

Would it be worth it running at 650ma?

1 Like

One of those drivers would run a 304 at that current, they’re about 100v

I just ordered 1 qb304 to test this out and see. Hopefully it works out well and ill order like 5 more

1 Like

So you’re gonna steal drivers from your light and wire to the 304 boards? Did you get heatsink for board as well?

1 Like

Yes both the qb304 and heat sink for 59 bucks

2 Likes

Good deal!

1 Like

Hmm. I don’t need anymore lights but that’s an economical conversion. I have two blurples sitting on a shelf.

1 Like

Were should start looking for making my flower lights. Could i get what i need for my 33"x33" tent for 400$?

2 Likes

Ah you found the right place. Db can help and there’s lots of builds in this thread to get ideas from.

1 Like

When you’re not running them take a peek at what they’re using for drivers. I’m sure there’s something that will work.

1 Like