Let's talk DIY lights

Was a cob posted with an 1100ma 51.5 fv rating with max a of 2400ma looked like 1100 was its lowest amp rating based on the post

Post got deleted and I didn’t save the cob link or I’d repost for ya

That would work fine. Probably even better than 1400ma in terms of electrical efficiency.

This is why I’m a rookie and your the master

1 Like

Ha, I don’t know about that. Leds just behave a little differently than typical household type of load.

1 Like

so I’ve made it as far as figuring out how the two big lights are going to hang and where the drivers will sit also decided on 5 equally spaced pairs of lights across each side of the board fairly productive considering I can’t build till the tape comes in

Tomorrow will have to pick up some bolts and nuts to mount the drivers so everything can be assembled and tested

2 Likes

Looks good! I think the driver slots are 4mm, but pretty sure the bolts I usually use are 8-32.

Driver slots are 4mm drilled oversize holes to single bolt center hole less chance of it coming loose with less bolts and a bit of lock tight

1225 PM found bolts have ready for pick up on way home from work

Have bolts thermal tapes been delivered otw home to build

1 Like

Well, just finished the new board, another two 288 v2 boards
It was sure a lot easier to put together the second time around.

Can’t wait until I can do entire grow under them suckers. Their making my whole house glow

8 Likes

Very nice! You’ll love them I promise.

1 Like

Yep, no more excuses for the crappy outcome. Except light burns. I have four 288 boards in 3X31/2 foot area. This is going to take some practice, lol.

2 Likes

More than enough. You should be able to dim them and get very good results.

4 Likes

Hey gang, do the hlg kits come with all of the hardware (screws etc)?

2 Likes

Mine did when I got the 260W QB V2 scratch and dent kit. Screws and nuts/bolts to mount the board and driver to the heat sink, plus wago connectors, the power cord, and 18awg solid 300V wire for connections.

2 Likes

Thanks Sixpack, where ya find the S&D models hahahaha

They pop up randomly from time to time on the HLG site, it was about $50 less than the normal one.

I’m just itching hahaha @dbrn32 may have to go now and later as we know, screw needs better lights
Any potential benefit of the 320W XW board vs the 260W XW board? Does a 3x3 need more than the 260 can throw out? Thx.

I should add that tech. my tent is 4x4 with about a 3.5x3.5 space when neg pressure applied.

2 Likes

The 320 kit is probably better suited for your space. We’re talking about the one using 3500k v2 324 boards right?

If it’s listed as a 320 kit that should come with everything you need. If its listed as a combo that’s usually boards and sinks. It seems like sometimes they send the combos with screws and a chunk of wire, and sometimes they don’t.

2 Likes

That’s not the one I see on GL site, the one I looked at was 288 brds with a larger driver and adjustable wattage knob.

Let me look at that one, I assume we can’t post the links here?

The kit you referenced is sold out and I only see it in the XL flavor vs the XW (that’s on Growers Lgts)
On HLG they are sold out also but only see them in then rectangular kit (XL)

1 Like

I see, sorry. It’s just running boards at higher current. That’s newer kit and I’m not sure what sink temps would be on it, but it would be more light in your space.

1 Like

I’m assuming then, that the plants could take the 260 kit/boards at full wattage. Could these be run at full strength during peak growth (the 320 kit)? Thanks Bud, last question haha

2 Likes