Let's talk DIY lights

@Daddy

Work :thinking: no no this is all fun and joy. Growing your own marijuana should never be considered work unless you growing to make :dollar:. As my tent babies get love and how dare I consider when I’m feeding, trimming and low stress training them work? Here are my tent babies as of this morning

I’m just joking/messing with you but your babies look great and keep up the great work and much respect to you

12 Likes

It looks awfully purple in there :thinking:

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag!!

3 Likes

When did you go to blurple @Daddy? :wink:

2 Likes

My guess is same time he went from that big room to a tent. He just needs some of those strips you have haha.

2 Likes

I know a guy that knows where to get them :wink:

5 Likes

These where just monster clones from a really good amnesia haze mother. They got too big so I flowered them to get more clones. Same amount of work as my trees with way less yield lol. 900w mehizi that I just use for clones, seedlings and “experiments”

4 Likes

Just giving you a hard time @Daddy, I know you’re not ditching those rails yet haha :v::wink:

2 Likes

Ya I don’t have any reason for another big grow in the near future. I already have tons…but I don’t want to let this pheno die lol

4 Likes

@dbrn32

Is that build good?
Thinking about 2 of them…
Theyre hlg lights too…? Arent they?

Those look like knock off boards. So buyer beware they might be decent or they might be junk.

2 Likes

Yeaa, theyre in china and price is 160$ each, but how knock off they can be? Not wires, not plate only what can be are lights themselves…
He/she sells cree lights too. Onli this and other 10 things are crees. Its a little engouraging :grin:

Little thinking to do…

Well most likely they’re substandard diodes that wouldn’t meet the criteria for the real thing. Or they’re possibly the real thing and the manufacturer is undercutting hlg. You never know and that’s the problem.

1 Like

The knock off boards can be good, just a matter of them using the leds they say or not. Seems to be up in the air sometimes.

The one thing I will say about that kit, the boards are wired in parallel which I prefer not to do. And the elg drivers derate current if input voltage is 120v. So I would probably avoid it.

1 Like

What 120v do bad to my 220 v circuit

Nope the drivers run on either. If you’re already using high voltage you wouldn’t have to worry about low line derating

2 Likes

Hey @dbrn32 Got my 2 sinks today for my two 288v2 boards. I attached them together with aluminum angle. The driver was wrong one for 1 board but ya said it might work for both. My next thing is to wire them. Do I need to run a “Y” off the hot line and run to positive of both boards?

4 Likes

Yes in order to run on that driver run a wire to one positive on each board and a wire from negative on driver to one negative on each board.

On the ac input side, ACL wire goes to black on power cord. Acn wire goes to white wire on power cord. Green wire to green wire.

3 Likes

Kick ass @bryan

3 Likes

The elgs run at like 80 75% at 120input there 240watts at 220v input so unless your in England or Australia or a 220 common house hold plug I’d get the hlgand is that a 48a that’s 4800ma right? The samsungs run at a higher current gen one am I riigt?

3 Likes