Let's talk DIY lights

Yes I love the boards can’t wait to start using them. I have a close by follow hobbyists n friend got him set up with 2 of the 260’s and man the difference is amazing as far as weight and density. If I have a few leftover that’d be cool too as I may put in veg cab as well.

1 Like

I agree. You certainly have enough drivers to power the whole 4 pack, so it makes sense.

Once you get them I would put one board on each side of 260 kit and then you can probably flower at 70-80% on that. You can also build a frame to have all as one fixture, or run as 3 independent lights. Up to you

1 Like

Would definitely be doable that way. if driver will power both I could make it work

1 Like

Worst case scenario is I am only a month delayed :innocent:

1 Like

It will. You just have to wire boards in parallel. I would prefer you had a multimeter to set voltage properly, but it will fly. When you get it built we’ll just have you eyeball it, should be close.

So I could just build a frame from aluminum angle for each? I think I’d like to separate to be able to raise and lower as my end goal is perp and will have various stages of flower using just a few plants.

1 Like

You can do that. Or grab some of the wire hangers available on Amazon and just hang the boards from that.

1 Like

May have accidentally saved a buck with the incorrect driver to run both, lol. Will get back to ya when Heatsinks arrives. I appreciate ya!

1 Like

That’s exactly the reason I mentioned the hlg-240 in first place.

1 Like

One last stupid question. Does the driver itself get physically hot in addition to the sinks? Like can I screw it to wall and then run wires to boards?

1 Like

The driver itself will get hot. Be sure to mount to some sort of heat resistant material if you’re mounting outside the tent :v:

2 Likes

Would you do me the favor and post the link to the boards you recommended? Thank you sir!

They get warm, not hot enough to start a fire though. Your best bet is to mount it in a location that will have some air movement. However you also dont want your output wiring any longer than need be. So try to find a happy medium.

1 Like

Looks like they are currently out of stock on Amazon. Check with hlg.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help. What’s an average price on those?

1 Like

Like $120-$130 for the 4 pack.

Awesome! Thanks again.

1 Like

With only about an amp flowing through something like common stranded 18 gauge wire, I would not be worried about having the driver mounted separately from the LEDs. 10 extra feet of 18 gauge is just going to drop 73 millivolts at 1 amp.

2 Likes

@Poseidon here ya go bud every thing you could possibly want to know about light building with strips

2 Likes

I have a new respect for tent growers. Too much work for 2ft plants lol

12 Likes